• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Paris Attacks

thetrailboss

Staff member
It's late, but I'm hearing there's been a major terrorist attack in Paris. Thoughts and prayers for folks there.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

deadheadskier

Staff member
Pretty shocking change in the news on that front. Earlier today we're hearing about the extermination of Jihadi John; tonight possibly hundreds of innocent people dead.

Will this world ever find peace?

Puck it

Pretty shocking change in the news on that front. Earlier today we're hearing about the extermination of Jihadi John; tonight possibly hundreds of innocent people dead.

Will this world ever find peace?
No it is human nature. Someone is always pissed off at someone.

deadheadskier

Staff member
No it is human nature. Someone is always pissed off at someone.

See, I have a bit more faith in humanity. After all, you piss me off all the time, but I've never desired much more than a swift kick to your nuts!!!!

Puck it

See, I have a bit more faith in humanity. After all, you piss me off all the time, but I've never desired much more than a swift kick to your nuts!!!!
Dude, I was not intending a kick to the nuts. But it is true, humans have not evolved enough to be like you wish. As wistnessed by these acts.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Violence like this doesn't exist everywhere though. Never see something happen like this in Iceland as an example, Buddhists seem to have found peace for the most part. I know I'm too much of idealist, but it's worth pushing towards

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
Please don't do that. It's just as annoying as the liberals that yell "ban all guns" before the bodies have even been identified. Show respect

Yes , my bad . This subject has me uneasy , I had a Muslim customer for many years whom I thought was a friend .
I turned down a service call one day because I was on a ski vacation . When I got back he asked me where I went , I showed him a picture and the first thing out of his mouth was "Are there a lot of tourists there "
WTF ? I said no but made me wonder?

yeggous

Violence like this doesn't exist everywhere though. Never see something happen like this in Iceland as an example, Buddhists seem to have found peace for the most part. I know I'm too much of idealist, but it's worth pushing towards

Really? The population of Iceland is about the same of Lexington, Kentucky. It is much less populous that Wyoming.

This comes a week or so after the Russian airliner bombing. It seems likely we have reached a whole new phase. It seems hard to believe NATO and Russia may be fighting over the privilege of starting a ground war in the Middle East.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

deadheadskier

Staff member
Yes , my bad . This subject has me uneasy , I had a Muslim customer for many years whom I thought was a friend .
I turned down a service call one day because I was on a ski vacation . When I got back he asked me where I went , I showed him a picture and the first thing out of his mouth was "Are there a lot of tourists there "
WTF ? I said no but made me wonder?

I'm not sure I understand this. Why did you say "no " about a lot of tourists at a ski area? Obviously, ski areas are tourist destinations. What made you wonder?

Not being critical, just confused about what exactly the rift was/is between you and your customer.

Tin

Sad that this will only bring up the gun discussion and Islamophobia.

Last edited:

mriceyman

Humans have been at war for thousands of years. It will never change unfortunately

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
Sad that this will only bring up the gun discussion and Islamophobia.

My business partner had a saying "Put too many rats in a cage and they'll kill each other.
My greatest fear is Road rage , accidentally cutting off some hot head with a gun .

As far a Islamaphobia goes The Koran has some passages about killing Jews , so a fear I think is warranted.
I have other Muslim customers and have no problem with them , it's the young angry fundamentalists that worry me.

Sad indeed but it's Reality

skiNEwhere

This reminds me of the Mumbai attacks a while back. Reports of 158 dead now.

With multiple attack of this scale, makes me wonder if these types of groups are harder to infiltrate.

Kind of crazy, I had a co worker who was in Paris just last week and went to a soccer game as well.