• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Expo loot

yeggous

I am curious, what did everyone pick up at the ski expo? My loot:

1 free ticket to Cranmore via a Twitter give-away
2 tickets to Great Glen Trails for joining the Friends of Tuckerman Ravine
2 free tickets to Ragged from their "cash booth" machine
2 neck warmers from AttiCat
$2250 in AttiCat gift cards for $1800. These can be used at any Peak Resorts mountain. I'll use them for season passes and lots of beer.
2 Fan Fare cards to Mount Snow, including a free ticket. They are giving them for free to Granite Pass holders.
4 of the early season Bretton Woods tickets for $19 each

What did I miss? Anything worth returning for?

yeggous

Am I reading that correctly? You dropped $1800 on gift cards? Baller

Damn straight. I saved $450 in the process. Assuming prices don't increase (ha!), I'll use just over $1300 of the balance on season passes for myself and the wife. The remaining amount will go toward food, beer, etc. I would be spending the money anyways, so why not prepay and save the 20%? If I ever need to unload them, I am sure that I could easily sell them to other ski club members and recoup my investment.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
attachment.php

Guess who?

Attachments

• WP_20151114_035.jpg
    WP_20151114_035.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 382

deadheadskier

Staff member
Damn straight. I saved $450 in the process. Assuming prices don't increase (ha!), I'll use just over $1300 of the balance on season passes for myself and the wife. The remaining amount will go toward food, beer, etc. I would be spending the money anyways, so why not prepay and save the 20%? If I ever need to unload them, I am sure that I could easily sell them to other ski club members and recoup my investment.

Oh, it makes complete sense. Not questioning the value.

Baller play my friend

thetrailboss

Staff member
I am curious, what did everyone pick up at the ski expo? My loot:

1 free ticket to Cranmore via a Twitter give-away
2 tickets to Great Glen Trails for joining the Friends of Tuckerman Ravine
2 free tickets to Ragged from their "cash booth" machine
2 neck warmers from AttiCat
$2250 in AttiCat gift cards for $1800. These can be used at any Peak Resorts mountain. I'll use them for season passes and lots of beer.
2 Fan Fare cards to Mount Snow, including a free ticket. They are giving them for free to Granite Pass holders.
4 of the early season Bretton Woods tickets for $19 each

What did I miss? Anything worth returning for?

Schweet. Looks like you killed it. And more may be coming if you win any of the raffles. Was Ski Utah there?

Smellytele

Didn't really score anything of any great importance. Wasn't looking for much really.
Got a 125 gift card for 100 for Wild/Att
Signed up for the 49 ticket deal at Stowe
Talked to Jeff from The Ride and Ski card and his son and wife. Found out that the early season deal they had for49 with a 4k mountain was for WV or Burke. For got to ask about this years lodging deals but will email them about those. Also they said they would be starting the ship on the 16th. They just got them on Thursday just in time for the show.

Kids got their normal loot of posters and stickers.

Really just go to kick off the season. It is free if you don't count the parking and gas. cost me 36 for 4 and you get 4 $10 liftopia gift cards from it. 3rd kid was free (12yo).

darent

received several liftopia discount cards,A Sugarloaf Boston Ski Show T-shirt and a SKI THE EAST hat with a video after janski did some shopping with them.will have to wait and see if I won any drawings, and I know I will win a FREE CONDO STAY in Florida which seems to be a yearly call.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
received several liftopia discount cards,A Sugarloaf Boston Ski Show T-shirt and a SKI THE EAST hat with a video after janski did some shopping with them.will have to wait and see if I won any drawings, and I know I will win a FREE CONDO STAY in Florida which seems to be a yearly call.
The last thing I want is to go to Florida!

dmw

1. Got a Killington Express card with one ticket included up front.

2. Won another Killington ticket on a scratch card.

3. Got a Ski and Ride card with a ticket to Ragged, and chatted with Dlague.

4. Got a Vertical Value with one ticket included up front.

And the big one - tentatively booked a trip to Sugarloaf, spun the wheel and won a Silver New England Superpass. Only catch is I have to fully commit and pay for the Loaf trip, so we'll see about that. Free t-shirt as well.

On a similar note, a friend of mine won a Killington season pass. He's considering trying to sell it - does anyone have any idea of the feasibility of that, or any interest in it??

yeggous

And the big one - tentatively booked a trip to Sugarloaf, spun the wheel and won a Silver New England Superpass. Only catch is I have to fully commit and pay for the Loaf trip, so we'll see about that. Free t-shirt as well.

On a similar note, a friend of mine won a Killington season pass. He's considering trying to sell it - does anyone have any idea of the feasibility of that, or any interest in it??

I'm going to start hanging out with you at the expo.

ScottySkis

Lucky Iif be wants to sell let me know how much don't think I can afford it though this year.

elks

2-for-1 to Ragged.
A few $19 Bretton Woods tickets
4 lift tickets to Bradford for December 24 (got rained out last year, but they honored them for end of season.)
A few vouchers for $38 midweek tickets at Waterville

Kids had a blast with all the activities. Now for winter, right?

prsboogie

Thanks to Dlague for picking me up with a couple eatly season BW tixs and a mid week. Family commitments kepted me away.

dlague

Thanks to Dlague for picking me up with a couple eatly season BW tixs and a mid week. Family commitments kepted me away.

Was glad I could do that for you!

We got

Three Ragged vouchers with our Ride and Ski Card

Two Killington lift tickets

Pico lift ticket

Bretton Woods lift ticket

Three Owls Head vouchers

Got my free Express Card

Got a great Deal on a ski jacket from AlpineEast.

Lots of free Harpoon IPA

Oh and I ran into Ary haha at the Burke Booth.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone