• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Who's Open 2015-2016

thetrailboss

Staff member
For Out Here:

Tahoe:

Boreal
Rose
Squaw/Alpine Meadows
Kirkwood
(maybe some others too)

Utah:

Park City
Brighton
Solitude
Alta
Snowbird
Brian Head

drjeff

Mount Snow just announced on the GM's Blog that they're hoping for Wednesday the 25th - definitive announcement will come tomorrow afternoon - it's just a question of how much snow they can produce in the general base areas the next couple of days....

The plan is for Cascade to Canyon as well as Long John off the summit and then Gulch with a park over at Carinthia - Planning to spin the Discovery triple in the beginner area, the Bluebird to the summit and the Heavy Metal Double over at Carinthia

deadheadskier

Staff member
And Highline

When you're allowed on it. That's why I didn't mention it. Seems like every time I go to K, it's roped off for KMS kids. That bothers some, but I think it's great for the kids. Parents pay a heckuva lot money, so they should have a mostly dedicated training venue.

When you're allowed on it. That's why I didn't mention it. Seems like every time I go to K, it's roped off for KMS kids. That bothers some, but I think it's great for the kids. Parents pay a heckuva lot money, so they should have a mostly dedicated training venue.
thats my money, next time find me and i will take on my ski trail, Hahaha

Cannonball

I was up at Harvard Falls on Saturday and had a nice view across to Loon. They were cranking it out on the upper mountain. Then it rained pretty hard overnight into Sunday. I would guess that set them back some. They have the guns fired up again now and planning to open on Wednesday.

Harvard Falls.jpg

yeggous

Wildcat opens top to bottom on Wednesday. I am stoked. Lynx is a great trail too.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

WoodCore

Stratton is shooting for Saturday 11/28. Either way the picture they posted this morning on FB is pretty impressive. That's some Snowmaking firepower!!

attachment.php

Attachments

• Stratton 11232015-1.jpg
    Stratton 11232015-1.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 148

yeggous

Stratton is shooting for Saturday 11/28. Either way the picture they posted this morning on FB is pretty impressive. That's some Snowmaking firepower!!

attachment.php

Yes, I was impressed too. I don't think I've ever seen a mountain light up that many top to bottom routes at one time.

Cannonball

Wildcat opens top to bottom on Wednesday. I am stoked. Lynx is a great trail too.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

Great to see them going for it!! By charging $49 for one trail they are essentially making it a passholders-only day without the bad press that comes with officially excluding people. Smart PR move I think. Too rich for my blood, but I am happy to see them open.

slatham

Re Stratton picture - pretty sure there's even more below as they typically light up at least one run from mid down. Just incredible what the big areas can cover these days, simultaneously!

yeggous

Great to see them going for it!! By charging $49 for one trail they are essentially making it a passholders-only day without the bad press that comes with officially excluding people. Smart PR move I think. Too rich for my blood, but I am happy to see them open.

It's the same as Killington and $10 more than Sunday River. Neither of those are offering nearly the vertical of Wildcat, nor are they running and express quad. And Killington still expects you to hike out.

A big differentiator is also that Wildcat offers 50% off with the Vertical Value card which includes a free any time ticket. That effectively makes the price $24.50 if you plan to come back again for a weekend day and use the ticket then.

Smellytele

At K they charge you 49 and make you walk.

Cannonball

It's the same as Killington and $10 more than Sunday River. Neither of those are offering nearly the vertical of Wildcat, nor are they running and express quad. And Killington still expects you to hike out.

A big differentiator is also that Wildcat offers 50% off with the Vertical Value card which includes a free any time ticket. That effectively makes the price $24.50 if you plan to come back again for a weekend day and use the ticket then.

Understood. I'm not knocking them for charging that. And I'm not knocking K or SR for charging whatever they are. Just pointing out that I don't plan on going. If it was cheaper I might, but that's not a criticism just my preference.

dlague

Understood. I'm not knocking them for charging that. And I'm not knocking K or SR for charging whatever they are. Just pointing out that I don't plan on going. If it was cheaper I might, but that's not a criticism just my preference.

Keep in mind Killington has a lot of 2 for 1 deals for early season. I can't imagine a lot of people are paying $49 for the top only.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

drjeff

Re Stratton picture - pretty sure there's even more below as they typically light up at least one run from mid down. Just incredible what the big areas can cover these days, simultaneously!

HKD Snowmakers had that picture on their FB page, they said essentially that this is what 250 guns running at the same time looks like!

It's impressive how many low e guns an area can run at once these days! For most, the amount of air they have available is no longer the limiting factor, it's how much water can they pump!