• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New Boots

wa-loaf

Just got some, ready to go for the season!

attachment.php

Attachments

• boots_new.jpg
    boots_new.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 307

Hawkshot99

I got myself some new boots as well. Dalbello Panterra ID 130's.
Now the sad part....I have had them over a month, and have yet to stick my foot in them yet. With the Intuition liner I know they will fit horrible unmolded, but haven't haf the time to mold them yet....

Attachments

• 1447951599102.jpg
    1447951599102.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 123

JimG.

Staff member
Starting my third season on my Panterras...interested to hear how the 130's ski.

Hawkshot99

Starting my third season on my Panterras...interested to hear how the 130's ski.

I got them for 2 reasons.

1- I am not a huge fan of the "ID Now" liner that comes in the 120 version. After skiing the stock liner I had pulled them out and replaced them with my old Intuition Power Wraps from my older boots. After talking to the rep he said he had some lackluster reviews from "bigger" users. Plus I was used to the original Intuition Power Wraps that are stiffer. The Panterra 130 comes with the original style Intuition liner in it.
2- I got a crazy price on the 130 to make it cheaper than a 120, and the rep had my size in his truck.

I plan to set them to the Soft setting which will make them a 120 flex.

drjeff

Picked these up the end of March last season

lbd1030_rs130.jpg

Got about 10 days on them before my season came to and end in May. Can't wait to add another 50 or so days on them in the coming months! :)

wa-loaf

Picked these up the end of March last season

lbd1030_rs130.jpg

Got about 10 days on them before my season came to and end in May. Can't wait to add another 50 or so days on them in the coming months! :)

Nice! I tried a pair of those on, but I really wanted to get away from pure race boot. The RX fit the bill with RS performance and little more comfort. I also like the rubber replaceable soles for booting up in parking lots and any light hiking I might do out West.

wa-loaf

Nice boots guys!
Might need some punches(here & there..later) ...other than that ready to go, have debated myself on a 4th buckle(will see later on), but don't ask me about shimming/lifting my (not yet purchased)bindings on my (not yet purchased)skis...listed on my (not yet cleaned off)desk.

Why do your bindings? Cant your boots, it's much easier to swap skis down the road. They make ones for boots with rubber soles now too: http://cantology.com/

JimG.

Staff member
I got them for 2 reasons.

1- I am not a huge fan of the "ID Now" liner that comes in the 120 version. After skiing the stock liner I had pulled them out and replaced them with my old Intuition Power Wraps from my older boots. After talking to the rep he said he had some lackluster reviews from "bigger" users. Plus I was used to the original Intuition Power Wraps that are stiffer. The Panterra 130 comes with the original style Intuition liner in it.
2- I got a crazy price on the 130 to make it cheaper than a 120, and the rep had my size in his truck.

I plan to set them to the Soft setting which will make them a 120 flex.

My Panterras are older and still came with the intuition wrap around liner. I really like the firmer flex setting on mine, perfect for me. Interesting you will use the 120 setting but I see your cost strategy and it of course makes perfect sense. Nice to get extra features for less.

Greg

Staff member
attachment.php

Attachments

• 27235-dalbello-2014-krypton-2-fusion-id-ski-boots-xl.jpg
    27235-dalbello-2014-krypton-2-fusion-id-ski-boots-xl.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 192

Scruffy

Here are my new boots purchased last season. Comes with two tongues, 110 or 130 flex with a tongue swap, and Hike mode. I love the boots, but had a hot spot on my shin with the liners where they wrapped and caused a seem to press on an old boot top break in my tibia.
2015-Dalbello-Lupo-SP-I.D-Stock.jpg

bigbog

Intuition has quite a few different liners with various tongues now Scruffy...*although I need a well designed tongue to be comfortable. I have a dense AT liner I performed a tongue transplant(from downhill boot) on..might be laughed at but works great.

Last edited:

Scruffy

Intuition has quite a few different liners with various tongues now Scruffy... I even have an AT liner I performed a tongue transplant(from downhill boot) on..might be laughed at but works great.

Cool, thanks! I'll look into it. I was wondering if I could get a different ID liner with a different wrap pattern.