• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

11/30/2015 Weekly Skiing on the Cheap thread

JonD

Why not create a sub-forum instead?

I like the idea of a subforum with a post for each "deal." It would be easier to scroll through a forum than a 60 page thread, with more discussion that deals.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Correlated lists

A calendar is a great idea
I keep a few list privately, including one you refer to. Been doing it for about 5 years. One is a calendar list of deals, sequentially through the season. It includes the blackout dates and major holidays/blackout dates/sports events (superbowl). I keep a days of the week list. I keep a another list of affinity cards/programs (Ride and Ski, etc.) correlated to mountains. That helps early in the season to decide what cards to purchase. I do it manually and it quickly helps me offer suggestions to friends.
I won't post the lists publicly but only share info with friends. It takes hours of work to organize and correlate. People are always ready to take something for nothing, which rubs me the wrong way. Now, if you're willing to pony up a deep discount, a voucher or beer, I might be so moved to barter. Magic flag and Yankee humor bashers need not apply!

deadheadskier

Staff member
I'm a volunteer here Bill and have nothing at all do to with the website platform and such things. I was just agreeing that the calendar is a good idea. I like the subforum idea as well.

You could certainly strike up that conversation with Nick about a billski special

jrmagic

Does it involve a flagpole?

That reminds me discount Magic tickets available through Sunday... "We're excited to announce another weekend of great sales on our new online store with 3-Packs, one day tickets, Alpine Club Programs, and tubing season passes are all heavily discounted now through Sunday, December 6th.
All deals are in stock now and will be available all weekend, no stock limits. "

gmcunni

That reminds me discount Magic tickets available through Sunday... "We're excited to announce another weekend of great sales on our new online store with 3-Packs, one day tickets, Alpine Club Programs, and tubing season passes are all heavily discounted now through Sunday, December 6th.
All deals are in stock now and will be available all weekend, no stock limits. "

shouldn't you be posting to the December 6 SOTC thread?

gmcunni

should the thread title be the beginning or end of the week?

i think end... as i'm going skiing on the 12+13 and look there (SOTC DEc 13) for deals.