• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Alyeska, AK Dec 4, 2015

Cannonball

Last season was one of the worst on record in AK. Almost nonexistent. This season is off to a strong start. They've already seen ~140" of snowfall and have nice 40" base up top. Yesterday they picked up another 6". The locals are giddy with prospect of making up for last year.

With a 10:30 opening Alyeska is one of the easiest mountains to catch first chair. We were grabbed the first tram up and barely came off the top all day. The place was a ghost town (mid week) and fresh lines could be found every run. Most of the Mountain is open already and people are already hiking to access some of the other stashes.

So happy to catch this early season bonus and even more happy for the locals who are so stoked on finally getting some.

IMG_20151204_122420565.jpg

IMG_20151204_130235004.jpg

JDMRoma

Very nice ! Glad you were able to get some. !

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

mriceyman

Them and tahoe deserve the goods

dlague

Very cool! Way to capitalize on opportunity!

deadheadskier

Staff member
I was reluctant to open the thread fearing I would be massively jealous.

I'm massively jealous