Wildcat 2015-16 Thread - Page 4

AlpineZone

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Maybe 100 people....maybe

Morning conditions at Wildcat were fantastic today. Lynx is starting to get skied off. Polecat in great shape. Upper Catapult is a glazed donut factory under the guns, but whales are fun. A full run ttb on that side should be open by tomorrow, Tuesday at the latest.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by deadheadskier; Jan 3, 2016 at 9:41 AM.

Is that the beginnings of some bumps in that last pic?

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

When I was there last week, there were certainly bumps that formed as the day went on.

Quote Originally Posted by Savemeasammy View Post
    Is that the beginnings of some bumps in that last pic?

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app
    Handful here and there on the side of Polecat and Catapult. Nothing special though

Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    Handful here and there on the side of Polecat and Catapult. Nothing special though
    See there was the typical sunday crowd today , going out west starting next weekend and praying for continued cold with snow back here. Even though the terrain has been limited I think they have done the best with what they were given. I was at Attitash with friends on Friday and it was the tale of two cities, bear peak very good , Attitash side HORRIBLE, we were kidding with the lunch lady that she did a lousy job her first day grooming!!!!

Hope you get the goods out west Brad. This week should treat the Cat well. A third ttb route and Wild Kitten for ski school at the very least I'd imagine.

Had my best day of the season at Wildcat today. As mentioned in another post the holiday crowds were kind of brutal. Lift lines topped out at a very painful 4 minutes until they came to their senses and opened the Tomcat chair. Had they not, I was contemplating a scathing review on Yelp.

The four inches of snow they got yesterday really helped out conditions. Several ropes were dropped and the reserved terrain skied pretty well in some places, others still very sketchy. Groomers got skied off by noon in typical Wildcat fashion, so it was nice to have some soft natural trails to ski.

Other than the great skiing, the highlight of the day was getting to use my Mug. Definitely glad I joined the club.

Terrain pictures

Moar

Thread Information