Wildcat 2015-16 Thread - Page 7

AlpineZone

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by yeggous View Post
    Neither. I mean the ski school building. It is a separate building adjacent to the Bobcat Lodge.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app
    Oh gotcha... Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Edd View Post
    Attachment 19138

Edit: Shouldn't we move this to the main skiing forum?

The fresh snow is legit. I was up there Sunday (2/21), lift lion had soft bumps ..... been a long time since I skied stuff like that. Trail with no grooming had freshies but was skied off by lunch. Lower mountain have dust on crust on the sides and got softer by mid morning. After lunch, boiler plate at lower mtn and was damn scary with dull edges.

Get some, the rain might come back.
    I rather be @ss noodling

Damn. Jealous. Won't be there again until Sunday.

Even with good edges, Wildcat has been challenging after noon most days I've been this season

How is the snow after Saturday's rain. I was there on Saturday and the fresh snow was great but it started to rain around 3.

^^^ Groomed trails was packed powder near the summit and stayed that way for the better part of the day. Mid mountain to lower progressed from granular to boilerplate. Elevation was factor on Sunday. Sometime after 2:00 pm, I wanted to hit lift lion some more or poached top cat but thought better of it because my legs were tired and the lower trails was all skied off.
    I rather be @ss noodling

Quote Originally Posted by jack97 View Post
    ^^^ Groomed trails was packed powder near the summit and stayed that way for the better part of the day. Mid mountain to lower progressed from granular to boilerplate. Elevation was factor on Sunday. Sometime after 2:00 pm, I wanted to hit lift lion some more or poached top cat but thought better of it because my legs were tired and the lower trails was all skied off.
    So is what your saying is the rain didn't completely ruin the snow .... I was worried because when I left on Saturday it began to pour and continued for the next few hours.

Pretty rough conditions at Wildcat yesterday. Frozen loose granular on top of hard pack. It did soften some as the day warmed, but the effects of last Wednesday were quite apparent.

It's basically reached the point of monitoring base depths to see if we ski through April. Lynx and Catapult base should hold up just fine for awhile. The narrow stretch of Polecat passing Tomcat Schuss and down to the elbow will need reinforcement or mid>lower Pole Cat will close real early this year. Bobcat terrain that's seen snowmaking has pretty good base to make it through March.

All in all still a fun and scenic day in the Notch with good company.

Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    Pretty rough conditions at Wildcat yesterday. Frozen loose granular on top of hard pack. It did soften some as the day warmed, but the effects of last Wednesday were quite apparent.

It's basically reached the point of monitoring base depths to see if we ski through April. Lynx and Catapult base should hold up just fine for awhile. The narrow stretch of Polecat passing Tomcat Schuss and down to the elbow will need reinforcement or mid>lower Pole Cat will close real early this year. Bobcat terrain that's seen snowmaking has pretty good base to make it through March.

All in all still a fun and scenic day in the Notch with good company.
    Thanks for the update, have a trip planned in 2 weeks. Not sure if it will be any better at Attitash but at least we have that option on the passes. Might be a shorter ski day.

Quote Originally Posted by hammer View Post
    Thanks for the update, have a trip planned in 2 weeks. Not sure if it will be any better at Attitash but at least we have that option on the passes. Might be a shorter ski day.
    Skied Attitash on Saturday and they blew snow on fan gun trails and were grooming trails during the morning and opened them at noon. they showed an great effort to put the best product they could given the situation they were dealt.

I forgot to start this sub-thread...

I am mug #46. My wife is mug #45. One of buddies from my ski club got #69. That rat bastard. I also know #101, who bought the mug at the auction at the pass holder party. And #103, who whined until they gave him one.

What did everyone else get?
    2016-2017: 79 days
    2015-2016: 54 days
    2014-2015: 63 days
    2013-2014: 68 days

Quiver: 2014 Liberty Sequence (182 cm), 2014 K2 Rictor 82 XTi (177 cm), 2015 Nordica NRGY 100 (177 cm), 2016 Head Monster 88 (177 cm), 2017 Voelkl Racetiger SL (165 cm), 2017 Nordica Enforcer 93 (193 cm), 2017 Revision Subtraction (194 cm)

Thread Information