• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Wildcat 2015-16 Thread

deadheadskier

Staff member
It was. Not groomed. Total moonscape. Skied it mainly to say goodbye. I was shocked how well they pieced together Catapult after what I saw last Saturday.

Rumor on the hill is next weekend is a go.

Bostonian

How was lynx skiing today? I don't want to re-injury myself since I am about 80% there. I really really want to go, but... apprehensive. I won't touch polecat ... But only lynx and catapult, if it is in reasonable condition.

xwhaler

Lynx is plenty deep to go until next wknd or beyond? (if they choose). Catapult as DHS said was a nice job by the groomers given the conditions but unsure it lasts end of next week.
Polecat was an adventure by any seasons standards.

Snowcat pod looked deep enough to go until next wknd.

Last edited:

deadheadskier

Staff member
The only concern for Lynx is if your edges are sharp enough. The bottom 1/3rd softened pretty good by 1. Top was fast and just letting your edges slip while aiming for softer areas to dig into. Nothing close to a bare spot on it. Wall to wall. I definitely think it can last two more weeks.

Bostonian

yeah I am going to pass this weekend and give myself one more week to recover. If they stay open one more weekend, I will hit them up next weekend... As much as I want to go, if I am going to start running during the off season, I want to make sure I don't re-injure my ribs.

Edd

Quote from the snow report for today. Laying it on a little thick about the corn.

"Today's forecast calls for clear sunny skies and temperatures in the high 30s so get ready to lay out fresh corduroy turns this morning and cruise through corn snow this afternoon."

Edd

The report doesn't mention closing for the week. My takeaway from the report is that it's business as usual.

deadheadskier

Staff member
For the remainder of the season, Wildcat plans to be closed Monday through Friday and will open for skiing and riding on weekends only. Be sure to check out our Snow Report by Thursday for updates on our plans for weekend operations.There is still a lot of great snow on our trails and our Operations team will be working hard to keep our snow surfaces in shape so we can provide you the best skiing and riding conditions possible.

Wishing all a great week and look forward to seeing you for another Wildcat Weekend.

Brad J

Today was a good groomer rip day. did get scraped after 2pm but soooooo much better than last week. the Grooming crew deserve an A+ Management deserves a well done for the decision to put the effort into the grooming.

yeggous

IMG_0502.jpgIMG_0503.jpg

Here's a couple photos of a broken down groomer on Middle Wildcat. There was a trail of red hydraulic fluid behind it, and a big pool of fluid underneath. Clearly grooming did not go as planned last night.

thebigo

On the fence about tomorrow, wife and daughter wont go if it is expert only. Would like to get one more day but not sure I want to spend five hours alone in the car for a few hours of skiing

yeggous

I'll be there with bells on. Should be several other club members plus the domestic dictator too. I still have tickets to burn if anyone wants one.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

Terry

The wife and I will be there tomorrow. Plan on being there by 9 or so. Lets hope for a good corn harvest!

xwhaler

Had planned to take my son over for some Snowcat laps one of the days this wknd but alas just the HSQ running.
Totally get it from a business standpoint even if personally I'm a little bummed my season is over.