• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The Star Wars Thread!!

dmw

I just saw it. Liked it, but thought it was slightly cheesy, slightly too much of the humor, and story too close to the original. That being said I'd probably watch it again, and will see the follow ups.

Tin

Given all the rain, will probably go tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing Hateful Eight more though.

Edd

Looking forward to seeing Hateful Eight more though.

Saw QT interviewed last week. Regarding this 70mm filming method they used....he said that the lenses used to shoot H8 are the same that were used to shoot Ben Hur. Not the same type of lenses, but the exact same ones. That blows my mind.

VTKilarney

I just saw it. Liked it, but thought it was slightly cheesy, slightly too much of the humor, and story too close to the original. That being said I'd probably watch it again, and will see the follow ups.

I definitely understand those points, especially the one about the story mirroring the original movie. For me, however, this is the first Star Wars movie in a LONG time where I actually cared about the characters in the movie. That's why I liked it as much as I did.

ScottySkis

I liked it much better then the last 3 . likes other said though it mostly retold the movies from the 7os.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Awesome with leather recliner seat only 8 for 11 am show. .

Last edited:

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
I studiously avoided this thread until after viewing. I have to say JJ Abrams treatment was typical of his treatment of Star Trek.

WARNING WARNING :: PLOT SPOILERS :: CEASE and DESIST READING IF HAVEN'T SEEN THE MOVIE YET.

Abrams wiped out Vulcan in Star Trek so he would be free to rewrite much of the ST history. I think wiping out The Republic is similar. Now he has free reign to rewrite the forthcoming sequels anyway he sees fit.

Also by keeping the force in the family it focuses the story a bit. Are Rey and Fin part of the family? That remains to be seen but it wouldn't surprise me. But Kylo certainly is - does he survive? Of course.

And Snokes how is he connected? I think he has to be - not to Skywalker but someone connected to the previous storyline. He's only revealed as a super enlarged hologram. Is he physically much smaller - Yoda size mayhaps? I'm not sufficiently versed in Darth lore to know what the connection might be.

Cornhead

I dozed off, but not enough to get punched by my Son for snoring. The new seats at the Regal do recline, but not as fully as the Loews theater in town. Something tells me I'dve gotten punched at Loews. Just not that into Star Wars.

Funky_Catskills

It was amazing... Plots developed fast.. Lot's of action - humor - special effects were great!!! Especially the X-Wing fighters flying over water... so badass.. Loved the more normal light saber battles...

Tin

While walking in it was all ruined for me...

In the parking lot, crying child to father "I didn't want ____ _____ to ____!" Father attempts to console son. "I know. But in the end ________ finds _______." So pissed, luckily my GF didn't hear it or I think we would have just left in spite of already purchasing tickets.

Bright side, good movie. So who are Rey's parents???