• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hiking/camping movies

lewiskk

Do you know of some really good/ scary camping or hiking movies :)???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edd

I love Wild; such a well done film.

Into the Wild is very good. Not exactly a hiking movie but it's got a "leave civilization behind" vibe.

lewiskk

Seen all of them! Have u guys seen the Okiee dokiee brothers omg so good!!

lewiskk

I've seen them over 10 times

amf

Not hiking/camping per se, but I just saw Meru (climbing) and it did include some hiking and camping (albeit on a portaledge). Very well done film without all the usual attendant hype and dramatization. Highly recommended.

amf

Johnnyboy

TOUCHING THE VOID is an amazing, intense story of survival and will to live. Great book too.

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
TOUCHING THE VOID is an amazing, intense story of survival and will to live. Great book too.
I was on this "real life tragedy" kick a while back and I read this along with Into Thin Air and Into the Wild. The movie for Thin Air wasn't so good and I never saw the Into the Wild movie. Both the book and movie for Void were gripping. The extras on the DVD are very good too.