• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Lift Line Dos & Don'ts

ScottySkis

Before you hand off a bowl with some nice stuff in it thinking nice stuff is in it with your friend make sure it a friend and not a cop happened at Hunter last year.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

dlague

DO talk shit about the ski area to let everyone around you know what a badass you are.

dlague

Looking back at this actually very funny contrarian list, I have to say some of these are done on a daily basis

DO proceed to the front of the line before turning around to look for your friends.

DO wait until 10-15 people are behind you in line, and then turn around and ski back out of line through all the people to wait for your friends.

Whitey

It's been said before, but: People who stop in front of the entrance to the lift line talking/waiting/spacing out make me batsh!t crazy. I am usually the most laid back, happy guy on the mountain. But when I see blocking the entrance so I have to go around them to get in - I usually mutter something like "that's a great place to stop" as I push by.

There's almost always areas within a couple of steps of the entrance where you would be out of the way and can space out for as long as you want. Why would you pick the one spot where you are right in everyone's way?

deadheadskier

Staff member
We ran into that in the lift line at Cannon frequently on Sunday; at least twice by the same ass hat. Dude would wave us around while blocking half the line.

Puck It skied right over the dude's skis the second time and it was completely deserved by the moron

Puck it

We ran into that in the lift line at Cannon frequently on Sunday; at least twice by the same ass hat. Dude would wave us around while blocking half the line.

Puck It skied right over the dude's skis the second time and it was completely deserved by the moron
Obviously he doesn't know me and skis are disposable. F'ing idiot. And he was not from Loon either.

Last edited:

Savemeasammy

I approve.

I'm pretty easy going about most things. D-bag behavior in line isn't one of them.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

john1200c

Great list! I have seen most of this over the years, I thought I was the only one who noticed or cared....

cdskier

DO turn up your music. Everyone loves music!

I've only skied mid-week a few days so far and I already heard a couple people skiing with music blasting from somewhere/something. Is this a new thing? I don't recall hearing that once last year.

Smellytele

DO turn up your music. Everyone loves music!

I've only skied mid-week a few days so far and I already heard a couple people skiing with music blasting from somewhere/something. Is this a new thing? I don't recall hearing that once last year.

I did hear someone with a Bruins jersey blasting out some bad tunes with some type of body speaker. At least wear head phones!

trackbiker

Do whack you snowboard repeatedly on the ground in the lift line to get that last flake of snow off the top of your board....just to have snow get back on there the second you get off the lift anyway... WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! Now everyone knows you're the coolest dude on the slope.....NOT!

Cannonball

Do whack you snowboard repeatedly on the ground in the lift line to get that last flake of snow off the top of your board....just to have snow get back on there the second you get off the lift anyway... WHACK! WHACK! WHACK! Now everyone knows you're the coolest dude on the slope.....NOT!

You're obviously not a golfer.