• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mt. Willard 1/1

wtcobb

New Year's Day hike to get the year started right. Willard is a quick 1.6 up from Crawford Depot and judging by the cars at the station it would be a busy day on the trail.

The trail was well packed with snow getting slippery in spots. Could definitely be bare booted the whole way bit we opted for spikes soon into the hike.

A busy day but friendly folks and lots of dogs on the trail. Our pup had a blast.

The views were winter prime: harsh grey and white in every direction, but a beautiful day to be out.

uploadfromtaptalk1451930500141.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1451930525753.jpg

One happy dog.

This old carriage road could be a nice tour with a bit more snow. I may try a dawn patrol here early mornings before work. I'm betting there's a great sunrise from the ledge.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

wtcobb

I have a few friends that have climbed the ice recently - from their photos and TR's it's setting up nicely now.