SUV for carrying skis - Page 16

AlpineZone

Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    show me motor trends 0-60 (hint, it's nearly 10 seconds)

Quote Originally Posted by roark View Post
    show me motor trends 0-60 (hint, it's nearly 10 seconds)
    http://www.zeroto60times.com/ - Lists each year and trim level. (The year and trim I mentioned were chosen on purpose)

http://www.caranddriver.com/toyota/sienna - 15' Still way faster than 10 seconds....
    104(12/13)
    (13/14)
    48(14/15)
    35(15/16)
    50(16/17)
    Rossi Soul 7 w/ Marker F12 (188 ) FOR SALE!
    Stockli Stormrider w/ Look PX 12 (177)

Quote Originally Posted by SkiFanE View Post
    Arghghgghgh - why do you do that?!?! For me and the rest of the Congo line behind you on RT 26 - since you obviously have loads of time to putz - could you please just pull over and let us all pass? You'll cool lots of tempers and boiling blood

Well, it's pretty simple. I drive the maximum allowed by law, totally a law abiding citizen, to the limit. Someone else wants to break the law, I'm not going to stop driving just because of some lawbreaker. I allow a realistic amount of time to get where I am going and drive safe and legal. Get yourself on the road on time.

There are plenty of places and opportunities to pass me daily, every single drive, and people will stay right behind me. Some will pass, good for them. The ones who don't, what can I say. I have had people pass me against the solid yellow line, no problems. They and I can both see it is clear, go for it. Why people wait for the dashed line, I don't get it. To pass me you have to break the law anyways, if it's safe, go for it. (BTW, I do not speed up on someone passing me, I keep driving the legal limit.)

As an aside, you should see how many people I'll pass on the way to the river. So many are doing 45, 40, even 35. I do plenty of passing myself. Those people lined up are the ones afraid to pass someone going less than the speed limit.

Until you are paying my insurance bills and speeding tickets, deal with it.
    lovin life,

Bob

That Mazda 3 is like a go cart while the Subaru steers more like a toaster. Plenty of interesting roads if you get out into western mass/eastern NYS. I would take a stick shift on them any day. Especially if it was snowy conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkshot99 View Post
    http://www.zeroto60times.com/ - Lists each year and trim level. (The year and trim I mentioned were chosen on purpose)

http://www.caranddriver.com/toyota/sienna - 15' Still way faster than 10 seconds....
    I had a Type ll Acura Legend 6 speed, almost got hosed by my buddy's Honda Odyssey. That was a quick van, made an awesome ski vehicle too.

Quote Originally Posted by uphillklimber View Post
    Well, it's pretty simple. I drive the maximum allowed by law, totally a law abiding citizen, to the limit. Someone else wants to break the law, I'm not going to stop driving just because of some lawbreaker. I allow a realistic amount of time to get where I am going and drive safe and legal. Get yourself on the road on time.

With all due respect, I don't subscribe to this mentality. Even the police allow a few miles over the limit. And regardless of the speed limit, if you've got a large stack of cars behind you, it's a nice gesture to pull over when it's easy and convenient to do so.

With all due respect, I'm a law abiding citizen up to the limit of the law. I will not stop driving on account of lawbreakers. If I happen to driving a truck with a heavy load and can't make the hills, I pull over frequently.

If you want to break the law, do so, I won't do anything to hinder you when you pass me, in fact please do so and stop tailgating. Again, Until you are paying my auto insurance and speeding tickets, get yourself on the road in time. Just because you leave late and have to speed does not mean I should vacate the road for you.
    lovin life,

Bob

As I said, even the police don't issue tickets until you are a few miles over the limit. So your interpretation of the law, from a real-world perspective, is yours alone - and not that of those who actually enforce it.

In any event, I never thought that it was up to me to teach strangers a lesson. I'm happy to pull over and let people go about their way. I think of it as paying it forward. Just a different perspective, I guess.

You are talking about enforcement, I'm talking about what the law says. Whatever.... But I will not vacate the road on account of you not getting on the road in time.
    lovin life,

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by uphillklimber View Post

There are plenty of places and opportunities to pass me daily, every single drive, and people will stay right behind me. Some will pass, good for them. The ones who don't, what can I say. I have had people pass me against the solid yellow line, no problems. They and I can both see it is clear, go for it. Why people wait for the dashed line, I don't get it. To pass me you have to break the law anyways, if it's safe, go for it. (BTW, I do not speed up on someone passing me, I keep driving the legal limit.)

As an aside, you should see how many people I'll pass on the way to the river. So many are doing 45, 40, even 35. I do plenty of passing myself. Those people lined up are the ones afraid to pass someone going less than the speed limit.

I hate to stereotype, but it's a Maine thing. Y'all drive us bananas with your slow driving. To be fair, Northern NH and all of VT drivers aren't much better. State Highways where the speed limit is 40-55; 8mph over the limit won't get you a ticket. Except for in known speed trap areas where whiney locals think because they bought property adjacent to a state highway that all the speed limits should be 35, so they bitch to town police for strict enforcement OR Johnny Law is looking to justify his pay check through extorting money from tourists. Sorry you picked the wrong place to live. Plenty stretches of 26 where 70 mph is safe tbh.

And don't get us started on the left lane lounging you do on 95 going 70 in that lane thinking that's acceptable because you're going 5mph over the limit. So, many Maine drivers do this I swear it's taught in drivers ed. It's the passing lane, not a travel lane; pull the eff over.

Love your hospitality up there, but get a move on. Us visitors will get to our destinations faster, happier and spending money more freely. I make good time to the River and maybe I grab a quick breakfast sandwich in Bethel because I've got plenty of time to make first chair. I get aggravated by pokey drivers and I skip it See? Your too lawful driving hurts the local economy!!!!!

/rant

Last edited by deadheadskier; Jan 7, 2016 at 7:06 AM.

Thread Information