Sugarbush on top

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sugarbush on top

From their website

3PM We continue to drop ropes in the aftermath of over 20" of snow in the last week. Tomorrow we expect to have 68 trails open, 19 groomed, spanning 310 acres across 30.6 miles. Tomorrow also marks the opening of our new Valley House Quad! We'll have the lift running with Snowball, Spring Fling, and The Mall to start the day. Note that Valley House Traverse is not yet open so all Gadd Peak terrain is accessed via the lift.

http://www.sugarbush.com/mountain/sn...ort/#tab-trail

Certainly not being shy about opening new natural terrain now that the crowds are gone.

Quote Originally Posted by canobie#1 View Post
    From their website

http://www.sugarbush.com/mountain/sn...ort/#tab-trail

Certainly not being shy about opening new natural terrain now that the crowds are gone.
    They have been gradually opening natural snow trail since Saturday when the crowds were still at there peak.

Sugarbush is pretty liberal on what they will open. Win even admitted this fact within the last day or 2 over on MRV forum.
    2019-2020

Ski Visits in PA 19
    Ski Visits in VT
    Ski Visits in CO 4

Total Ski Visits 23

Ski Roundtop
    11/16, 11/17, 11/23, 12/20 (LR), 12/21, 12/22, 12/23, 12/26 (LR), 12/27 (LR), 12/28, 12/30 (LR), 12/31 (LR), 1/2 (LR), 1/3 (LR), 1/5, 1/17 (LR), 1/18, 1/20, 1/24 (LR)

Breckenridge 1/9,1/10
    Keystone 1/11
    Arapahoe Basin 1/12

LR=Lunch Runs

Up to 72 trails, 322 acres, and 32.7 miles now...they dropped the ropes on more of the Valley House trails after checking them this morning it looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    Up to 72 trails, 322 acres, and 32.7 miles now...they dropped the ropes on more of the Valley House trails after checking them this morning it looks like.
    Looking even better for the Ride and Ski tour stop on Saturday! If you do not have The Ride and Ski Card and anyone wants a 2 for 1 for Sugarbush on Saturday let me know. I have three.
    2012-2013 (39)
    2013-2014 (36)
    2014-2015 (51)
    2015-2016 (47)

2016-2017 target - 50

If you take what the mountain gives you, you will always have fun!

Since a lot of these trail openings are with natural snow cover only, it will be interesting to see how long they hold up. This weekend will no doubt be a major difference from the last time I was there though before Christmas when they only had 12 trails open.

Since a lot of these trail openings are with natural snow cover only, it will be interesting to see how long they hold up. This weekend will no doubt be a major difference from the last time I was there though before Christmas when they only had 12 trails open.
    Spillsville & Lower Paradise were already sketchy by last Sunday. I suspect that same will likely be true in a few days for Mall, Moonshine & Twist without more natural snow. But, at least they are open today!
    Stan

Don't confuse "open" with a trail that you might actually want to ski. Sugarbush has a liberal policy on opening trails and assumes that if you see an "Experts Only" and "Thin Cover" sign then you know that what you are getting yourself into. Last Saturday. Exterminator opened in the AM and by noon it was practically down to dodging rocks on fast grass time. The upper part of Exterminator was closed on Sunday AM as it needed a refresh of snow. I prefer natural snow trails and don't mind thin cover but it's not for everyone.

Mt. Ellen is a steal this Thursday.
    My couch might pull out but I send it.

Quote Originally Posted by WWF-VT View Post
    Don't confuse "open" with a trail that you might actually want to ski. Sugarbush has a liberal policy on opening trails and assumes that if you see an "Experts Only" and "Thin Cover" sign then you know that what you are getting yourself into. Last Saturday. Exterminator opened in the AM and by noon it was practically down to dodging rocks on fast grass time. The upper part of Exterminator was closed on Sunday AM as it needed a refresh of snow. I prefer natural snow trails and don't mind thin cover but it's not for everyone.
    Yea, I'm pretty familiar with their liberal trail opening policy and agree skiing on those trails at this point in the season isn't for everyone. I don't mind thin cover to a point.

Thread Information