• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mt. Hood Meadows?

Ski Till I Die

Website
www.skitillidie.com
Anyone ever skied MT Hood??

Ill be in Portland next weekend for work and saw this place looked pretty legit, only an hour out of town.

Some basics from someone who's skied it would be awesome!

YEA!

xwhaler

I've skied it 1 day back in 09 (also MLK wknd) while visiting my brother who was living in Portland at the time.
It was extremely foggy and visibility was horrendous.
We skied some upper bowls and while there was a crazy amt of snow it was challenging to ski given the water content and the visibility.
Seemed like an impressive mtn so I say if you are there go for it. You should definitely grab lunch at the Timberline Lodge (where parts of The Shining) were filmed.

The snowbanks heading up to the mtn were probably 20 feet high and cut with some special plow that makes the bank razor sharp and vertical. Not like what we see here on the EC but very cool to see.

darent

Mt Hood Meadows can get very crowded on a weekend with long lift waits because it is a hour from Portland.you are better off skiing Timberline or Skibowl. If you drive to Meadows and there is a long line of cars entering Meadows on the access road turn around and go someplace else.

darent

terrain at MHM is the best, But if you get caught in a 45 min lift line ,I would rather be at Timberline or Skibowl making runs.Sikskier is right about MHM after a big dump before weekend.

Last edited:

Ski Till I Die

Website
www.skitillidie.com
So I ended up hitting the Meadows... it was DOPE!!!

They had just gotten 15" of fresh the night before... skied off the top in the AM then found some locals to tour me around the back bowls in the afternoon. Got lucky with the traffic because we left super early in the AM.

I forgot how much fun fresh pow is.

Love how close it was to the airport... the locals were great... no complaints would def go back.

Thanks for the input guys!

skiberg

Go to ski bowl. Best overall terrain. Smaller but nice little area.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone