Potential Storm: 1/16 - Page 5

AlpineZone

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Looks like upper NH could get over a half a foot.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
    2012-2013 (39)
    2013-2014 (36)
    2014-2015 (51)
    2015-2016 (47)

2016-2017 target - 50

If you take what the mountain gives you, you will always have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by dlague View Post
    Looks like upper NH could get over a half a foot.

Sweet ! Maybe have more ski time than Zoomer bar time !

Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    I'm not talking about the finicky nature of the storm

I'm talking about the certainty speak

Just a general observation.

I've received my fair share of blue balls from these type of threads
    Last edited by fcksummer; Jan 15, 2016 at 6:51 AM.

The bi-polar nature of these threads is exactly what's makes it fun. Quite frankly, I think the whole weather forum is much less fun since the institution of all the "rules". Who cares how far out we speculate? What's the big deal? I love the Lottery mentality that goes with these storms. Its like we are all playing Powerball. Eventually we hit the big one. By limiting our time frames and setting up all the rules, there seems to be much less interest and chatter on this forum than there use to be. Models show things 10 days out and I want to know the possibility and it seems its difficult to find a place that anyone will discuss it. The general weather forum is not specific enough. Then I really don't know where to look as it gets closer to the event. I find myself coming back to this forum and then having to go elsewhere all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by skiberg View Post
    The bi-polar nature of these threads is exactly what's makes it fun. Quite frankly, I think the whole weather forum is much less fun since the institution of all the "rules". Who cares how far out we speculate? What's the big deal? I love the Lottery mentality that goes with these storms.
    Very well said.

Quote Originally Posted by skiberg View Post
    The bi-polar nature of these threads is exactly what's makes it fun. Quite frankly, I think the whole weather forum is much less fun since the institution of all the "rules". Who cares how far out we speculate? What's the big deal? I love the Lottery mentality that goes with these storms. Its like we are all playing Powerball. Eventually we hit the big one. By limiting our time frames and setting up all the rules, there seems to be much less interest and chatter on this forum than there use to be. Models show things 10 days out and I want to know the possibility and it seems its difficult to find a place that anyone will discuss it. The general weather forum is not specific enough. Then I really don't know where to look as it gets closer to the event. I find myself coming back to this forum and then having to go elsewhere all the time.
    Ditto. It was a lot of fun. Things got too stuffy over here, IMO. Anyone who said anything about a storm more than 4 days in advance was shunned. But I do like the long-term Winter Forecast 2015-2016 thread, as well as the thread for each storm.
    2019-2020 0 days and holding...
    "Skiing is the closest you'll get to flying without leaving the ground." -snowmonster

What rules? And if there are any, who is enforcing them? I guess I haven't been paying attention if people are acting too uptight. I don't visit weather threads often on AZ because you all are usually wrong.

Speculation is cool and fun. I get it. I was just joking that there's a lot of wannabe Jim Cantores in here.

Carry on!!!

The Weather Forum Guidelines. I guess its not that big of a deal then since your the guy who would enforce them if it was an issue.

We typically have very little desire to moderate anything. Most of the time it's a squeaky wheel gets the grease situation.

Now that you mention it, I do remember a guidelines discussion. I just think over time people loosen up and forget about the "rules"

Thread Information