Potential Storm: 1/16 - Page 6

AlpineZone

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    If everything 7+ days out was put in a thread this year it would look like the Magic thread. Nearly every model run seems to have an awesome storm in the 8-10 day range and then nothing happens. Been absolutely awful to watch models so far this year.

One tease after the other.

Even short range is brutal. For example, the shortwave for Monday has been discussed for quite a few days. Here it is on Wednesday. All out crazy blizzard...

Next run, it's gone.
    My couch might pull out but I send it.

Chit we are projected to get freezing rain tonite and tomorrow grrrr
    Surround yourself with Positivity , Live Life , Collect Friends not Stuff and Avoid Negative Nuts

Well in NH the local weather news has been waffling. Now they are calling for freezing rain to rain in southern NH, Snow to a mix then freezing rain North of Manchester to the north of the Lakes Region and finally 4-6 inches of snow points north of there.

Saturday 1-16.jpg
    Last edited by dlague; Jan 15, 2016 at 10:09 AM.
    2012-2013 (39)
    2013-2014 (36)
    2014-2015 (51)
    2015-2016 (47)

2016-2017 target - 50

If you take what the mountain gives you, you will always have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by dlague View Post
    Well in NH the local weather news has been waffling. Now they are calling for freezing rain to rain in southern NH, Snow to a mix then freezing rain North of Manchester to the north of the Lakes Region and finally 4-6 inches of snow points north of there.

If you want to see how hard it is to forecast this year, check out the Grey NWS snowfall maps. They have been updated 2-3 times a day since Wednesday with this storm. Here is what they are trying to make sense out of.

Min...

Max...

Quote Originally Posted by dlague View Post
    and finally 4-6 inches of snow points north of there.
    This is the year a major resort at the Balsams might be lucrative. However, nowhere save for far northern ME and the Gaspe really has any kind of snow depth. Even the spine of the Greens is crazy thin.
    You can see my photos here - http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

I am ok with the psychotic nature of the Models. I find it kind of fun, especially this year, as it helps me keep hope. There is hardly any snow in the east. I keep looking. I will go to it, but its just not there. Even the Saguenay is thin.

Quote Originally Posted by skiberg View Post
    I am ok with the psychotic nature of the Models. I find it kind of fun, especially this year, as it helps me keep hope. There is hardly any snow in the east. I keep looking. I will go to it, but its just not there. Even the Saguenay is thin.
    Then here you go...oh NAM. WaWa powder day!

Now the next few hours of my day will be filled with nervous anticipation, only to ultimately be downtrodden after the next model run. This is why I need to be medicated during the winter.

Live, Ski or Die Trying!!!
    "Life is not measured by the numbers of breaths we take, but by the ski runs that take our breath away."

SKI THE EAST!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tin View Post
    If everything 7+ days out was put in a thread this year it would look like the Magic thread. Nearly every model run seems to have an awesome storm in the 8-10 day range and then nothing happens. Been absolutely awful to watch models so far this year.

One tease after the other.

Even short range is brutal. For example, the shortwave for Monday has been discussed for quite a few days. Here it is on Wednesday. All out crazy blizzard...

Next run, it's gone.
    That's because it's the GFS...its flawed.
    Dave
    11/12 Season 13
    12/13 Season 17
    13/14 Season 22
    14/15 Season 30
    15/16 Season 24
    16/17 Season 32
    17/18 Season 10

Thread Information