• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Potential Storm: 1/16

JimG.

Staff member
Everyone needs to wash their cars, book travel plans, etc. Turn it around.

Washed my car Tues, filthy again after a PM trip to Belleayre yesterday where I found 3" on top of a good snowmaking base on several T2B routes.

Gonna wash it again today before my Hunter trip tomorrow. It works.

fcksummer

Website
fck-summer.tumblr.com
Done. Stick a fork in it and hope for Monday.

1899644_o.gif

Tin

Yup, coming in. RGEM is $$$ inside that 48 hour window. We shall see. Thinking totals will be going up.

post-352-0-98228300-1452808635.png

Last edited:

deadheadskier

Staff member
I have such a hard time with these threads. So, bipolar. It's on, it's a bust, it's on, it's a bust. :lol:

I have such a hard time with these threads. So, bipolar. It's on, it's a bust, it's on, it's a bust. :lol:

This storm has been especially finicky. This winter as a whole perhaps may be more difficult to track than normal. El Nino patterns always have so much going on that if one thing goes wrong, down goes the ship. It seems as though one potential deathblow presents itself and then is resolved in ~18 or so and then another issue pops up. Model mayhem.

deadheadskier

Staff member
This storm has been especially finicky. This winter as a whole perhaps may be more difficult to track than normal. El Nino patterns always have so much going on that if one thing goes wrong, down goes the ship. It seems as though one potential deathblow presents itself and then is resolved in ~18 or so and then another issue pops up. Model mayhem.

I'm not talking about the finicky nature of the storm

I'm talking about the certainty speak

Just a general observation.

bigbog

If you have anykind of freeheel aspect to your setups, .....going to be getting more than a few inches in Washington Country, ME thru Saturday, ...and cold thru next week(our #1 favorite item from Canada).

Savemeasammy

I'm not talking about the finicky nature of the storm

I'm talking about the certainty speak

Just a general observation.

And the predicting of 10 out of every 3 storms...! :D

I wish things would get better, though. I'm not heartbroken about the lack of snow at my house, but it would be nice if the mountains got some action.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app