The 01/22 - 01/23 Storm thread (Could a snowstorm actully hit the Poconos?) - Page 3

AlpineZone

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    You should be. This isn't going to be a Lucy yanking the football situation. I'll be skiing somewhere on Sunday, the "where" is the unknown.
    BC ...NO lift lines! If this is the big one everyone who hasn't skied yet will be out. Get off the lift ski 300' and get in line again!

"Make Greenland Green again"

why is the highest snow fall totals labeled "worst of conditions", is't it really BEST ????
    shit happens, wear a helmet.

2018/19
    Breck - 12/2 12/22 12/23 1/5 1/6 2/9 3/10
    Taos - 1/26
    Keystone - 2/24
    Crested Butte - 3/25 3/26 3/27

Quote Originally Posted by Siliconebobsquarepants View Post
    If this is the big one everyone who hasn't skied yet will be out. Get off the lift ski 300' and get in line again!
    If this goes north, I'll simply ski Plattekill = no lift lines.

If this stays as projected, I really have very little experience skiing legitimate powder days in the Poconos, since legitimate powder days in the Poconos are rarer than a three-legged albino deer, so I dont know how bad the lines will be. One thing that should work in favor of diminished lines (at least after lunch) is the fact the AFC Championship game kicks off at 3pm.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

If this goes north, I'll simply ski Plattekill = no lift lines.

If this stays as projected, I really have very little experience skiing legitimate powder days in the Poconos, since legitimate powder days in the Poconos are rarer than a three-legged albino deer, so I dont know how bad the lines will be. One thing that should work in favor of diminished lines (at least after lunch) is the fact the AFC Championship game kicks off at 3pm.
    If this hits try Jack Frost. Usually short lines anyway and probably has the only legitimate gladed terrain in PA.
    Dude.

As other have said can't get excited until I know where. It hitting anywhere south or west of Vermont does me now good except for maybe keeping some of those people away from the slopes which looking at it that way does excite me some.
    2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days 2017/18 - 57 days 2018/19 - 75 days

Quote Originally Posted by Rowsdower View Post
    Bear Creek? Spring Mountain?
    Bear Creeks not steep enough for 8" of powder let alone 2'.
    Top section good for turns after that straight line to lift .
    They have a few unofficial gladed sections.

Was there yesterday with the little guy , almost 100% open but nothing in the woods.
    "Make Greenland Green again"

Quote Originally Posted by Siliconebobsquarepants View Post
    Bear Creeks not steep enough for 8" of powder let alone 2'.
    Top section good for turns after that straight line to lift .
    They have a few unofficial gladed sections.

Was there yesterday with the little guy , almost 100% open but nothing in the woods.
    Bear Creek was my home "mountain" when I was a kid! The woods skier's left of Timberline can be quite fun on the very rare occasions there's enough snow. There's an annoying hike back up though. We used to nickname them the "back bowls" of Bear Creek.
    Dude.

Time to stock up on bread and milk! The Saturday storm is now on New York Time.

You should be. This isn't going to be a Lucy yanking the football situation. I'll be skiing somewhere on Sunday, the "where" is the unknown.
    At least you know you will be skiing. I don't know how I will be getting from Binghamton to a mountain this weekend since I won't have access to my car.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Quote Originally Posted by Rowsdower View Post
    If this hits try Jack Frost. Usually short lines anyway and probably has the only legitimate gladed terrain in PA.
    Furreals? Never been to Jack Frost, and didn't know there were glades anywhere in e.PA.

EDIT: Though even if they get 20", that probably wouldn't be enough to ski trees as it would be 28" natural for the season.
    Last edited by BenedictGomez; Jan 19, 2016 at 11:11 AM.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Thread Information