The 01/22 - 01/23 Storm thread (Could a snowstorm actully hit the Poconos?) - Page 6

AlpineZone

Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    00z GFS schizophrenic as usual, brings snows back north. Good dumping in the Poconos. Canadian is running as we speak, and it's a pretty good hit too.

Hopefully the 00z Euro goes north too, which will make everyone feel better.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Rowsdower View Post
    Depends though. Blue and Camelback will almost always be more crowded than Jack Frost. I've never tried the trees at Camelback, even when they had the snow. Always worried about getting yelled at.
    No real woods skiing at Camelback. I know a few little spots to get snippets of powder but unless there is a ton of snow I would stay out (ie too many booby traps). Some locals know the way down the old Pocono ski area but I've never gone and never will. With the exception of Plattekill (which I haven't been to in a looong time)in a good winter, I wouldn't go into the woods south of Vermont. Frost's and Blue's are ok pitch wise but short, for me not worth the extra drive time to either.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    00z GFS schizophrenic as usual, brings snows back north. Good dumping in the Poconos. Canadian is running as we speak, and it's a pretty good hit too.

Hopefully the 00z Euro goes north too, which will make everyone feel better.
    Trending north. Hoping for some Berkshire East love.
    My couch might pull out but I send it.

Quote Originally Posted by 4aprice View Post
    No real woods skiing at Camelback. I know a few little spots to get snippets of powder but unless there is a ton of snow I would stay out (ie too many booby traps). Some locals know the way down the old Pocono ski area but I've never gone and never will. With the exception of Plattekill (which I haven't been to in a looong time)in a good winter, I wouldn't go into the woods south of Vermont. Frost's and Blue's are ok pitch wise but short, for me not worth the extra drive time to either.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ
    I've always thought the woods skier's left of Cliffhanger looked promising, personally.

I think the issue for me is just, if the snow is falling in the Poconos, and that's whats local to me, you just make the best of what you have.
    Dude.

Any thoughts on when the snow starts falling in NYC vs Pocono's?

Sent from my iPhone usin

Quote Originally Posted by j law View Post
    Any thoughts on when the snow starts falling in NYC vs Pocono's?

Verbatim to the 12z GFS which came out in the last 20 minutes, starts in both roughly the same time, call it 1am on Saturday.

You can see from the pics, the 12z GFS and Canuck op runs have both really dialed back the snow fairly dramatically.

The 01/22 - 01/23 Storm thread (Could a snowstorm actully hit the Poconos?)

Can you send pics of the maps if you have time? Thanks!!!

Sent from my iPhone usin

Quote Originally Posted by j law View Post
    Can you send pics of the maps if you have time? Thanks!!!
    I've been updating them in the OP after each run.

But here's the 12z GFS snowmap ensemble closeup of the area since you're local.

Thread Information