The 01/22 - 01/23 Storm thread (Could a snowstorm actully hit the Poconos?) - Page 8

AlpineZone

Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 250
  1. #71
    hammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    flatlands of Mass.
    Posts
    5,488
    Realize that this is entirely selfish, but if central and northern NE don't get the goods then I hope it shifts more to the south. This system is screwing with plans to get my daughter back to school in RI over this weekend.


  2. #72
    Tin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    ZooMass Slamherst
    Posts
    2,985
    Remember 1996!
    My couch might pull out but I send it.

  3. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by hammer View Post
    Realize that this is entirely selfish, but if central and northern NE don't get the goods then I hope it shifts more to the south. This system is screwing with plans to get my daughter back to school in RI over this weekend.
    I agree. I hope it goes as south as possible at this point.

  4. #74

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley
    Posts
    3,159
    Quote Originally Posted by hammer View Post
    Realize that this is entirely selfish, but if central and northern NE don't get the goods then I hope it shifts more to the south. This system is screwing with plans to get my daughter back to school in RI over this weekend.
    The storm will be done by Sunday morning. So why wish the worst for those in the mid-Atlantic anyway? They need it just as much as you guys do.

  5. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by vermonter44 View Post
    With that much snow, bear creek would be nearly un-skiable with the runout.....
    Was there March last season after a good 13" dump the woods were fun but there was a base . It was straight down for a few hours till it got skied in .Was scoping out the woods on Monday , some jagged ugly rocks to hit , Stumps and a 6" waterline that would be lurking .

    Have some BC runs in the Poconos that will be in play with 12"
    "Make Greenland Green again"

  6. #76
    18z GFS not looking healthy for ski country at all. Depicted no significant snow north of I-84.
    2019-2020 0 days and holding...
    "Skiing is the closest you'll get to flying without leaving the ground." -snowmonster

  7. #77
    Tin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    ZooMass Slamherst
    Posts
    2,985
    Quote Originally Posted by ss20 View Post
    18z GFS not looking healthy for ski country at all. Depicted no significant snow north of I-84.
    I still say it comes 60-70 miles further north and puts 8-12" in the Berks.
    My couch might pull out but I send it.

  8. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by Tin View Post
    I still say it comes 60-70 miles further north and puts 8-12" in the Berks.
    Good optimism. You were there for the powder day last Feb, right? Hoping to relive that some time this season.

  9. #79
    Tin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    ZooMass Slamherst
    Posts
    2,985
    Quote Originally Posted by Bene288 View Post
    Good optimism. You were there for the powder day last Feb, right? Hoping to relive that some time this season.
    Oh yes. Was an amazing day. Not sure even 12" will open liftline or really help the tree situation.

    Hume would slap me but looking at history these big ones trend north within 72 hours or so. Not to mention the baroclinic zone that has messed with models previously making things shift. Watch things go wild in the next 24 hours in terms of forecast changes.
    Last edited by Tin; Jan 20, 2016 at 5:41 PM.
    My couch might pull out but I send it.

  10. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by Tin View Post
    Oh yes. Was an amazing day. Not sure even 12" will open liftline or really help the tree situation.
    My thoughts too. Those are trees you really don't want to ski in thin cover. At least the ones I was in, anyway.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:32 PM.