• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Major northeast storm this weekend.

ScottySkis

This storm is going to miss Vermont? God must punishing Vermont for unleashing Bernie Sanders upon the country.
That dumb he is awesome. Good you can get powdered turrns down in Catskills nothing wrong with that

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Tin

One of these three things will happen this weekend...

A. Another celebrity between the age of 65 and 70 dies.
B. A major snow storm hits the Mid-Atlantic and southern New England.
C. In a state of psychosis caused by his injury, inability to ski, and pain medication, Puck It begins volunteer work around the Cannon base area for the Clinton campaign.

yeggous

D. I beat my wife in the EICSL race at Shawnee Peak on Saturday. Under extreme emotional stress she demands to be brought to Stan and Dans to purchase an expensive piece of new gear.

mriceyman

D. I beat my wife in the EICSL race at Shawnee Peak on Saturday. Under extreme emotional stress she demands to be brought to Stan and Dans to purchase an expensive piece of new gear.

Thats not all bad

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

SIKSKIER

What kind of moron would name this thread a major northeast storm?Thats how the article that caught my attention was titled and is why I explained differently.In case you dont know where the northeast us is,I'll help you.New England is only a part of it.

Attachments

• northeast.png
    northeast.png
    89.7 KB · Views: 122

Smellytele

What kind of moron would name this thread a major northeast storm?Thats how the article that caught my attention was titled and is why I explained differently.In case you dont know where the northeast us is,I'll help you.New England is only a part of it.

When I think of anything below of NY I think midatlantic

Cannonball

I

I dare you to go to West Virginia and tell them they're from the northeast

C-Rex

Man, it's amazing how bitchy everyone gets when there's no snow. I'm feeling the pain too guys, but try to lighten up. We're all on the same team here. :snow:

BenedictGomez

That's the first map I've seen in my life claiming Virginia (or West Virginia for that matter) is the Northeast.

Funky_Catskills

Stoked for this... handed my next door neighbor some cash in November to plow...
I think he JUST put his plow on his truck... hahaha

dlague

abc

Article? What article?

Smellytele

There are differing interpretations as to the composition of the Mid-Atlantic. Sometimes, the nucleus is considered to consist of Maryland, Delaware, and Virginia, with additional states possibly included.[SUP][5][/SUP] Other sources consider New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania to be the core Mid-Atlantic states, with others sometimes included.[SUP][6][/SUP] For example, since the 1910 census, the Mid-Atlantic Census Division has included New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania, which combined with the New England Division, comprised the Northeast Census Region.[SUP][7][/SUP] A United States Geological Survey publication describes the Mid-Atlantic Region as all of Maryland, Delaware, Pennsylvania, and Virginia, along with the parts of New Jersey, New York, and North Carolina that drain into the Delaware and Chesapeake Bays and the Albemarle and Pamlico Sounds.[SUP][8][/SUP]

The Census Bureau has defined the Northeast region as comprising nine states: the New England states of Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont; and the Mid-Atlantic states of New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania.[SUP][1][/SUP][SUP][a][/SUP]
This definition has been essentially unchanged since 1880, and is widely used as a standard for data tabulation

Last edited:

dlague

There are differing interpretations as to the composition of the Mid-Atlantic. Sometimes, the nucleus is considered to consist of Maryland, Delaware, and Virginia, with additional states possibly included.[SUP][5][/SUP] Other sources consider New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania to be the core Mid-Atlantic states, with others sometimes included.[SUP][6][/SUP] For example, since the 1910 census, the Mid-Atlantic Census Division has included New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania, which combined with the New England Division, comprised the Northeast Census Region.[SUP][7][/SUP] A United States Geological Survey publication describes the Mid-Atlantic Region as all of Maryland, Delaware, Pennsylvania, and Virginia, along with the parts of New Jersey, New York, and North Carolina that drain into the Delaware and Chesapeake Bays and the Albemarle and Pamlico Sounds.[SUP][8][/SUP]

Google Mid Atlantic States and you get this:

midatlantic.png