• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Annoying Okemo fanboy

canobie#1

Anyone else know people like this guy? All he does is talk about how much better okemo is than everything else. Poor sucker doesn't know good skiing when he sees it, :dunce:

http://z7.invisionfree.com/CanobieFans/index.php?showtopic=4566&view=getnewpost

Its mid winter, and many ski areas finally have enough trails open for this time of year.

Congratulations to Okemo for having over 500 acres of skiing open. Thats more open terrain than anywhere else in the east right now! I guess they really don’t have New Englands largest snowmaking system for nothing.

For those who never been to Okemo, don’t be discouraged by the haters, and neither set your expectations too high. Give it a go, and make up your mind.

One ski area I am planning on hitting soon is Sugarloaf, and it looks like their summit lift(timberline quad) is finally open for the season! Its amazing how long it took for them to get that area open.

benski

I have a friend who thinks Okemo is "the biggest peak in Vermont." He first said it meant tallest mountain. Then he said it was "the largest mountain" when I proved him wrong. He won't go anywhere further north.

NYDB

I can have fun for a day on the south face with some natural snow, but most of those trails aren't open right now.

Its just like stratton.

I do give them kudos for opening so much terrain with 30" of natural snow through the end of January.

Krikaya

I haven't met this guy but having skied Okemo and been bored to tears with the terrain, elbowed out of the way in the lift line by entitled BMW driving d-bags and run over in the lodge by clueless type A's, I'm glad Okemo exists for these skiers.

I think the Okemo guy is a close relative of the Sunday River woman and the Loonatic from Massholechusetts and the Joey at Mount Snow or Stratton. If these "resorts" didn't exist, those type of skiers would clutter up the mountains I like to ski. And they would whinge about a lack of amenities and slopeside condos and exclusive dining opportunities and special passes that let them cut the long lift lines on weekends and valet parking.

End of rant.

BenedictGomez

Q) Anyone else know people like this guy? All he does is talk about how much better okemo is than everything else.

A) No. I've never known, or heard of, anyone saying Okemo is better than everything else.

Last edited:

VTKilarney

He likes Okemo. It's subjective. It's not worth getting wound up about.

KustyTheKlown

the worst is when friends, who are more into going to drink spiked hot chocolate and party and aren't really into the actual skiing, book a house at killington/mt snow/okemo, and I decline the invitation, and they say "but dude you love skiing more than anyone I know!". yea, and if you booked a trip to sugarbush or jay etc I would have joined you

Hawkshot99

The people that bother me the most aee thr ones who feel the need to constantly nash on the people for liking a certain mtn.
Great, you don't like Okemo. Who cares, don't go there....

deadheadskier

Staff member
The people that bother me the most aee thr ones who feel the need to constantly nash on the people for liking a certain mtn.

+1

If people are out having fun, that's all that matters.

Bene288

Slowkemo fans are everywhere in the Albany area. Good place to go to feel better about yourself.

Tin

3MNnObI.gif

mightaswell

Amen brother.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mightaswell

the worst is when friends, who are more into going to drink spiked hot chocolate and party and aren't really into the actual skiing, book a house at killington/mt snow/okemo, and I decline the invitation, and they say "but dude you love skiing more than anyone I know!". yea, and if you booked a trip to sugarbush or jay etc I would have joined you

If that's "the worst" then you are leading a charmed life, my friend.....and possibly with very few friends.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

wa-loaf

I'm just surprised there's an discussion forum for Canobie Lake Park.

BigT

I just got done skiing Okemo for 4 days I had fun. To each his own as long as you have fun who cares.