• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

So who's planning to ski where Sunday?

abc

Just being nosy, mostly.

But with all the snow fallen on the Poconos. Yet the surrounding areas gotten so much snow many probably can't get out of their driveway?

So who's driving south to take advantage of the snow that nobody can get to? ;)

(joking, of course)

ScottySkis

I driving north 60/miles away from fresh snow to ski Platty and happy for my first day their this season.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

BenedictGomez

Blue Mountain. God knows how long it may take to get there. Hopefully the roads will be clear and it wont be that bad, but apparently it's a nightmare there right now.

tnt1234

Blue Mountain. God knows how long it may take to get there. Hopefully the roads will be clear and it wont be that bad, but apparently it's a nightmare there right now.

Yeah, that's my plan too. Coming from central NJ.

ERJ-145CA

I'm taking my kids to Mt. Peter in Warwick, NY. It's about a half hour from my house. I got 21" at my house and the snow report for Mt. Peter says they got 16".

Bene288

I'll be at Blue. BG I'll buy you a beer for keeping us all updates during the storm.

Quietman

Heading to the Crotch, no new snow, but 15 miles from home. Need to make pay backs on my 1st season's pass ever. I am so envious with everyone who can hit the new pow south of here.

Cornhead

Gave Camelback a thought, 18", but after further consideration, $67 for a couple ungroomed trails, and the shitshow sure to follow, made me decide to stay home and ski my local molehill. If they offered a half day morning ticket, I might have bit. I'd like to join Scotty at Plattekill, but not really worth venturing there either with only man-made groomers on the plate, I've got those at Greek.

Have fun, all those able to ski the Poconos today.

KustyTheKlown

smuggs. scratchy northern vermont is still better than eighteen inches of fresh in the poconos or mountain creek

abc

Gave Camelback a thought, 18", but after further consideration, $67 for a couple ungroomed trails, and the shitshow sure to follow, made me decide to stay home and ski my local molehill. If they offered a half day morning ticket, I might have bit. I'd like to join Scotty at Plattekill, but not really worth venturing there either with only man-made groomers on the plate, I've got those at Greek.

I had the exact same thought regarding Mountain Creek. They also got 18" and is only an hour extra driving. But my last time there it was a total shitshow indeed. Also the last time i was there was following another epic storm. They groomed just about everything!

So I too, stayed at my local molehill which is only 1/2 hr away.

Cornhead

smuggs. scratchy northern vermont is still better than eighteen inches of fresh in the poconos or mountain creek

Ummm, OK, to each his own, but I enjoy powder turns at a 500 ft "mountain" in North Central NYS, so my opinion may be biased. Don't be hate'n on the Poconos, let them have their moment in the Sun, errr, snow. Would a powder day at Smuggs be more fun? No doubt, but I bet storm skiing there Saturday was a hoot.

Apples to oranges, but I skied 3 days this weekend at Elk and Greek, both were in excellent condition considering the lack of natural snow, but I had more fun skiing 6" of fresh at tiny Toggenburg on Tuesday. Firm fast groomers just bore me anymore. I no longer night ski unless it's snowed during the day, or is snowing when I go. Not a good year to depend of freshies to get your jollies, ski it where it lies.

rocks860

Skied sugarbush today. Snow was good overall but varied greatly on natural trails. Lower FIS was awesome but exterminator had some super bare spots

abc

Don't be hate'n on the Poconos, let them have their moment in the Sun, errr, snow.
Cornhead, except KustyTheKlow's home base is actually a lot closer to the Poconos than northern VT. So he's one of "them". But he wouldn't be around to take advantage of the "moment". I read his post as him justifying to himself for missing it.

Smug might actually be better, or not. But he wouldn't know because he can't be in two places on the same day. So he's allowed to think it's better where he is.

dlague

Hind sight being 20-20 I should have skied rather than watching the Pats!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

4aprice

Actually it wasn't too busy at Camelback today at all. Everything packed (which was smart of them), bumps popping up on Lower Cleo and a beautiful surface on all trails. Nice 1st day for us. Went from 8 to about 2 with an hour break for lunch and got close to 20 runs.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Bene288

I was at Blue with my uncle. Skied hard 8-2. Bump runs all day. Got at least 18-20. Locals were claiming 24" just below the hill. Fun mountain considering the vert. The drive wasn't bad from costal NJ. Great day all in all.

yeggous

Bretton Woods was excellent today. Millennium Maze and John Graves Glade were the pick of the day. Cover was relatively thin but in great shape.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

BenedictGomez

BG I'll buy you a beer for keeping us all updates during the storm.

Rats. Wish I'd seen this before departing!
scratchy northern vermont is still better than eighteen inches of fresh in the poconos

Challenge. And it was 24" at Blue Mountain.

The Poconos wont ski as well as it did today for another 20 years.

Actually it wasn't too busy at Camelback today at all. Everything packed (which was smart of them),

That stinks.