• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Where to ski tomorrow?

MG Skier

As a Massachusetts flat-lander and a teacher, I have to take advantage of snow days! Assuming my town pulls the trigger on a snow day......where would you go?

I have a few bogos to Waterville or I can go wherever. Anyone get to Waterville this weekend? How was it?

ScottySkis

I be at Berkshire e

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
30$ with 3 items if food for donations.

JDMRoma

Stay south , sunappee , crotched
Gunstock. Not enough snow to make anything further north any better.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Hado226

I be at Berkshire e

30$ with 3 items if food for donations.
A good bet. Suspect the snow makers will be running all night giving even better surface conditions. Was damn fine the past few days.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Quietman

Crotched will not be likely to have a local snow day, as the snow is slated to start around noon, and you can get a lot of vert in a short amount of time. Almost no lines today, and the snow was good. That being said, wa wa is an hour closer, not sure about the potential crowds tomorrow. BE is another 20 minutes or so farther than Crotched, Waterville is a little more than that. Have fun wherever you go!!

JDMRoma

Is NH getting any of the storm?

If NH gets anything it will be blown off into another state. Just got into work and it's WINDY as hell. From the NH border to Blue Hills. Wild ride with out any snow involved. 36 degrees at my work. Heavy wet snow will fall down here. Good base building !!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

ScottySkis

Up at Berkshire e really does remind me of Platty no new snow here yet hopefully some comes in afternoon. Night skiing to here most days nice glad I made I definitely come back.

MG Skier

Thanks for all of the input gang.
Been a brutal 48 hours...

Landed at Sunapee, never skied there before.

On the plus side - Dead Quiet. Took a great "clinic" ended up being a 90 minute private lesson. Worked on controlling my uphill ski, I even got "homework/a practice list. I had a good ski day!

On the negative side - Conditions firm to Very Firm. Had to drive home in snow. Lost control of the truck on route 3 south.(Merrimack NH) Did a 360 took on the headwall of the highway shoulder ending in a gladed run with a Really BAD punch in the nose to the truck!....skier OK, no injuries, just a little sore. Truck T.B.D. Hopefully insurance doesn't total my Ford Ranger. It has served me very well as a drive through snowstorm vehicle.

I will spare the photo. It is amazing what a 6 inch tree and some speed will do to your vehicle.

1. Seatbelts Save Lives
2. Air Bags don't always deploy.
3. Slow down!!

That is all!

MG Skier

Yeah, had the seatbelt on, as I always do. Air Bag did NOT deploy and yes, even though I have four wheel drive, I shouldn't have been going that fast....not that 45 was fast but for the conditions it was too much. Lesson learned, the hard way!