• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Radar Detectors

MadMadWorld

Nobody doubts/denies that.

It's all the other stuff we're disagreeing with you about (e.g. radar detectors are useless because of LIDAR, e.g. bad weather has zero effect on LIDAR, e.g. LIDAR is easy-peasey for police to use at night, e.g. most cops love to use LIDAR, e.g. it's commonly used through the windshield, and other examples I wont bother listing).

Lol way to misquote. Talk about shifting.

When have you ever used a LIDAR unit or tested it's accuracy? Your shtick has always been to act like an expert in things you know nothing about. Come to me when you actually have experience until then, enjoy being an armchair quarterback.

cdskier

How fast over the limit are you guys going? They just raised the Pa. TPK limit to 70 people are doing 90 -100 . Seems to me that all the authorities have to do is look at time stamps on tickets or EZ pass data , so much for detector use on TPK .
Dry conditions ,Ok but this is setting the stage for some major wrecks! A Winter snow squall is going to be a death trap. I speed also but usually not more that 10% over .

I commute 90 miles a day in NJ. I typically drive about 10 over the speed limit (75 in 65 zones which are most of what I'm driving) and people are still flying past me most of the time. It really is getting insane. I've been driving the same route for almost 12 years now and it seems people just keep going faster and faster. Of course on the flip side you also still get idiots doing 55 in the left lane of Route 78 that refuse to move over. When I pass them it often turns out that they are busy texting or talking on a phone.