2/15-2/18. A New Hope or We are Screwed. - Page 10

AlpineZone

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    It's going to rain hard and briefly torch during this storm but I'm curious how long the cold hangs out up north. It could set up a more prolonged period of freezing rain. This might help to save the snow pack a bit. Back edge snow is usually not to reliable but the NAM and GFS are both showing the potential for some especially in Vermont.

Snow!

Quote Originally Posted by bdfreetuna View Post
    Looks like a pretty good net gain for my plans for Saturday:

A little rain and a thin coat of ice in between 2 bursts of decent snowfall (Saturday will snow all day for free refills as well, supposedly).

http://www.onthesnow.com/vermont/pic...l?rptType=snow
    Please stop using that biased garbage "weather" forecast here. I would've thought you learned your lesson with them. The weekend looks good but Tuesday not so much

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

2/15-2/18. A New Hope or We are Screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by mriceyman View Post
    Please stop using that biased garbage "weather" forecast here. I would've thought you learned your lesson with them. The weekend looks good but Tuesday not so much

I hope Tuna gets gap insurance for his next vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post

I think this map is pretty reasonable given various model depictions. Hoping for a slight eastern shift so that at least Whiteface would be sparred from heavy rain.
    Oh my god he does know where Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont are !!

Shocker !!!

Looks like a pretty good net gain for my plans for Saturday:

A little rain and a thin coat of ice in between 2 bursts of decent snowfall (Saturday will snow all day for free refills as well, supposedly).

http://www.onthesnow.com/vermont/pic...l?rptType=snow
    While Friday night should bring some snow, Saturday at K is calling for a mix - Rain and snow showers likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 36. Very windy, with a west wind around 50 mph, with gusts as high as 65 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Please don't crash another car and don't have a heart attack or stroke.

Will this turn into another Tuna feast thread?
    2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days 2017/18 - 57 days

Track is pretty locked in. At this point we can only hope that they're slightly off on temperature so we get snow for longer before the rain.

Hyde Park, NY...Hunter on Weekends in the Winter...
    Quote Originally Posted by skibumski View Post
    Track is pretty locked in. At this point we can only hope that they're slightly off on temperature so we get snow for longer before the rain.
    Or for a dry slot of air!

No more rain for Mid VT upwards. Just a sprinkle in the Berkshires. 6" of snow before the weekend in Berkshires and more in VT.

Quote Originally Posted by mriceyman View Post

The weekend looks very good. And only once in my entire ski career have they been wrong. You figure it out for yourselves.

OTS gives you forecast for base and peak elevation at mountains. Don't use it if you don't like it. I've only had one not extremely excellent day out so far this year. Can you all say the same?

I'm split between Berkshire East and Pico for Saturday. We'll see how things shape up.

No more rain for Mid VT upwards. Just a sprinkle in the Berkshires. 6" of snow before the weekend in Berkshires and more in VT.

Please tell me where you see 6" in the Berkshires. I hope you're right. Just be safe driving this time, seriously dude.
    My couch might pull out but I send it.

Thread Information