• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2/15-2/18. A New Hope or We are Screwed.

drjeff

12745423_950395295054842_2048065937672352778_n.jpg

An UGLY graphic from the NWS about what yesterday's storm did to the snowpack in the Northeast :eek:

dlague

I could tell we lost a lot - Our back yard had about 6 inches and we got 3-4 prior to the wet part of the storm when I left for work. Came home from work and could see my lawn! Damn it! it was sad!

dlague

Still have frozen white stuff covering my lawn. Not really snow anymore but it is frozen and white.

I I have the same but I also have patches where the snow was thin and melted. Was hard to come home to.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

drjeff

Pretty sure I still have some snow patches in my yard at home, the problem is that I have a RIDICULOUS amount of downed tree branches covering my yard as well so it's tough to tell exactly what is still under all of that debris!!!!! Going to be one heck of a spring cleanup at my house this year!!!!!

yeggous

Pretty sure I still have some snow patches in my yard at home, the problem is that I have a RIDICULOUS amount of downed tree branches covering my yard as well so it's tough to tell exactly what is still under all of that debris!!!!! Going to be one heck of a spring cleanup at my house this year!!!!!

Meh. I have nothing unusual. There are always branches to clean. Probably only a few inches of snow left in most of my yard. No bare patches yet.

I am really concerned about tick populations this year. I am going to have to get our there and spray early this year.

nhskier1969

Great, so we start building a base in march. Does anyway think we will possibly be able to ski back country this year, or can we just write that off.

skibumski

We're probably 30-40 inches of snow without a thaw/r@!n in between before we can really open up backcountry. I'm not optimistic about that but if tomorrow night comes in colder than expected (big if), the Wednesday storm actually gives us a direct hit (big if), and we actually get a couple of the 1-3 looking hits showing up on the radar, we're pretty close. Realistically, the chances of all those actually happening is pretty low.