2/15-2/18. A New Hope or We are Screwed. - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Canadian

My couch might pull out but I send it.

Wow that's significantly east with almost no white precipitation on the Canadian, but also basically no rain in ski country.

Quote Originally Posted by skibumski View Post
    Wow that's significantly east with almost no white precipitation on the Canadian, but also basically no rain in ski country.
    The Canadian goes well east so that everyone misses most of the snow and most of the rain. Some ice issues though.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Net/net the models have no idea what's going on.

For an example of this, here are the same time panels from the 06z GFS and the 12z GFS.

These are ridiculously different.

Quote Originally Posted by skibumski View Post

Skeptical. Such a sudden and BIG east shift. See what Euro says. Im anxiously awaiting the 84 hours out point. As Catsup and I discussed this morning, mesos for track, globals for liquid.

Really marginal set up for this one. That is one potent trough rounding the bend but two factors are against locking this one in as a complete New England snowbomb which tracks over the Cape Cod Canal. The first is the +NAO, that is a killer. Nothing is locking the track in and as a result, this thin wants to cut west up the backside of the trough. The second is the PV departing quickly. 12z GFS shows the polar vortex departing slower, blocking the SLP's path and shunting it east. If the PV moves out faster than currently modeled, the low cuts through NY as shown at 6z. On the flipside, this could continue to trend east if the PV moves slower.

Very intersting setup. One thing is for sure, I will be crushed... crushed! if we rain. Screw this goddamn season if we rain. F**K!!
    Days on the Snow:

Pre 2011:~20 per year
    2011-2012: 19
    2012-2013: 34
    2013-2014: 25
    2014-2015: 23
    2015-2015: 17

Euro's bad again. Not budging from western solution.

Titus is in the sweet spot 17.5 inches
    Surround yourself with Positivity , Live Life , Collect Friends not Stuff and Avoid Negative Nuts

Trend and EURO is a POS this year. Throw it out for now. Remember the EURO's plans for Hurricane Joaquin? The only time it was decent this year was 7-8 period prior to the DC/Baltimore blizzard, even then both the CMC and GFS also had it.

Thread Information