• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2/15-2/18. A New Hope or We are Screwed.

ScottySkis

My friend who is at Hunter today said they getting freezing rain and very windy. Where I live about 50 miles south of Hunter and lot lower elevation still light snow and no wind.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

VTKilarney

No more rain for Mid VT upwards. Just a sprinkle in the Berkshires. 6" of snow before the weekend in Berkshires and more in VT.

Well lookey here, the maps are trending like I said it was gonna be. Good times for skiing coming up. I wonder who's gonna be the first to admit "Tuna called it first"..

From the Eye on the Sky (Fairbanks Museum, St. Johnsbury, Vermont) recreational forecast:
On Tuesday, summits will be obscured in a wintry mix, changing to rain. Strong south to southwest winds will lift temperatures at the 4,000 foot elevation into the 40s.

Or as Tuna would say, "Powder day at Killington!"

〽❄❅

From the Eye on the Sky (Fairbanks Museum, St. Johnsbury, Vermont) recreational forecast:
On Tuesday, summits will be obscured in a wintry mix, changing to rain. Strong south to southwest winds will lift temperatures at the 4,000 foot elevation into the 40s.

Or as Tuna would say, "Powder day at Killington!"
- we need all the snow dances we can get, killing the man's excitement is just bad karma for all of us!

mlctvt

This season is shot.

What season? Fall?

I keep thinking next weekend maybe it'll be winter, last weekend it was finally but it seems every time we get a chance for QPF it either delivers south or is r**n. Has there ever been such a bad ski year?

VTKilarney

〽❄❅;936518 said:
- we need all the snow dances we can get, killing the man's excitement is just bad karma for all of us!

Your karma ship has already sailed, sadly.

mriceyman

Central jersey switches to rain about 5pm.. Mix line crashed north fast

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

drjeff

As of 8PM its still 11 degrees with about 1.5" of fluff on the ground across the street from Mount Snow - supposed to max out at about 50 degrees with rain here tomorrow, hoping the change to rain holds off until at least an hour after 1st chair so maybe a few powder runs can be had in the AM!!

chuckstah

Good dusting in Southern NH, and coming down decent. It was more sleet, laundry detergent, Graupel like stuff earlier, but big flakes now. It's still getting colder, 24 earlier and 19 now. Hope this trend keeps up for a bit longer than forecast.

yeggous

Good dusting in Southern NH, and coming down decent. It was more sleet, laundry detergent, Graupel like stuff earlier, but big flakes now. It's still getting colder, 24 earlier and 19 now. Hope this trend keeps up for a bit longer than forecast.

That is dynamic cooling in action. It'll start warming as soon as the air saturates.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app