• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Where to rent tele skis & boots

eatskisleep

Hey guys,

Emailed Wildcat the other day since I've rented tele gear there before to see if they still rent... Unfortunately, with the new owners, they do not. What ski areas in NE still rent tele gear?

thanks in advance,
Eatskisleep

HowieT2

Hey guys,

Emailed Wildcat the other day since I've rented tele gear there before to see if they still rent... Unfortunately, with the new owners, they do not. What ski areas in NE still rent tele gear?

thanks in advance,
Eatskisleep

ski areas? Meaning at the resort or someplace in town? In the mrv, cleawater sports rents tele.

Murph

Crotched rents tele-gear and they have some new NTN stuff too.

skiNEwhere

MRG has a huge tele presence, I believe I rented from them 10 years ago.

drjeff

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
If you were thinking Magic this weekend, FYI, there's a tele event going on at Bromley this weekend, and the shop below at least (and I'm guessing a few others in all likelyhood) is doing demo's there this weekend.

Here's there full demo schedule for this season

http://www.telemarkdown.com/2016-demo-tour-schedule/
Cool. I haven't been to Bromley in a while but they always used to embrace tele. Telemarkdown goes all over on the telefest rounds. Platty's is next Friday the 26th and Greek Peak's is the next day. Telemarkdown will be at both.

Smellytele

Cool. I haven't been to Bromley in a while but they always used to embrace tele. Telemarkdown goes all over on the telefest rounds. Platty's is next Friday the 26th and Greek Peak's is the next day. Telemarkdown will be at both.

Telemarkdown Fey brother's invented the teleboard. Eric lives in NH and his brother I think is in CT.

drjeff

Telemarkdown Fey brother's invented the teleboard. Eric lives in NH and his brother I think is in CT.

Yup, the other brother, Martin, lives in Northeast CT - his shop is actually about 5 minutes from my office, and I stopped in there yesterday to pick up a pair of tele's for a Mount Snow friend of mine

eatskisleep

If you were thinking Magic this weekend, FYI, there's a tele event going on at Bromley this weekend, and the shop below at least (and I'm guessing a few others in all likelyhood) is doing demo's there this weekend.

Here's there full demo schedule for this season

http://www.telemarkdown.com/2016-demo-tour-schedule/

thanks so much for the tip! Skies Magic Saturday then went to Bromley Sunday and demo'd some tele gear! Great group of people, much appreciated!

drjeff

thanks so much for the tip! Skies Magic Saturday then went to Bromley Sunday and demo'd some tele gear! Great group of people, much appreciated!

Glad to pass the info along and that you had a good time on the slopes this weekend!

abc

Platty's is next Friday the 26th and Greek Peak's is the next day. Telemarkdown will be at both.
I wonder how well attended the Platty demo day will be (whether they have enough gears to go around), it being not on a weekend day.