• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington nightmare

steamboat1

How is the rest of the mountain looking?

I don't have first hand info but from what I've heard Superstar & Skyelark are good. The North Ridge area is good. Cascade is good but very icy where it exits under the Canyon chair (they didn't blow snow there). Mouse Trap/lower Bunny Buster are good. Needles & Bear are not good although they did turn the guns on on OL yesterday. I still plan on going up next week sometime.

Savemeasammy

I don't have first hand info but from what I've heard Superstar & Skyelark are good. The North Ridge area is good. Cascade is good but very icy where it exits under the Canyon chair (they didn't blow snow there). Mouse Trap/lower Bunny Buster are good. Needles & Bear are not good although they did turn the guns on on OL yesterday. I still plan on going up next week sometime.

Who really cares about rams head at this point...? Vacation weeks are about to wrap up, so I'd rather see Killington consolidate their efforts in those areas where they operate late season. Bear, superstar pod, and the needles eye area all sound good to me.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

steamboat1

Who really cares about rams head at this point...? Vacation weeks are about to wrap up, so I'd rather see Killington consolidate their efforts in those areas where they operate late season. Bear, superstar pod, and the needles eye area all sound good to me.

They have not blown any snow at Bear or Needles since before the rain event two weeks ago. Outer Limits is lit up today, I'd guess for BMMC & the only other snowmaking was the one fan gun located next to the 1/2 pipe, that's it.

Late season operations are on Superstar & K-1 not Bear & Needles. K-1 usually goes until the first weekend in May, Superstar till whenever.

Last edited:

jaybird

Bong hits on the K1 all the time.
Cascade is marvelous right now.

Next week ski season begins.
Bet the house !

canobie#1

Cascade, Superstar and Outer Limits are all skiing at their best this season. Double Dipper is still closed from the ice, as is upper wildfire. Guns blasting all day on SuperS and Cascade along with OL and different spots around the resort.

There are guns set up on Spillway and Dream maker as of now. Lower Superstars guns just turned back.

I hope they take a break from superstar and address some of the issues around the resort. Pretty much all of Bear excluding OL is ice. Needle's Eye is just about there too.
Rime on northrigde was sheer ice by the end of the day today.

drjeff

Oh dear. I don't think they can themselves a destination resort without a superpipe or a waterpark.

I hope they get the superpipe open soon!

Mount Snow for the 1st time this season has their 1/2 pipe listed as open in the trail report, granted they made the choice NOT to build a 1/2 pipe, but instead opened up their 9th distinct park at Carinthia in the 1/2 pipe as a rail/jib park.

Pretty sure that only Okemo will end up having a full sized 1/2 pipe in New England this year. Heck, the only other ski area that I've seen that has an open 1/2 pipe in New England this season is the 6 footer that just opened at the mighty Ski Sundown today!!

chuckstah

Mount Snow for the 1st time this season has their 1/2 pipe listed as open in the trail report, granted they made the choice NOT to build a 1/2 pipe, but instead opened up their 9th distinct park at Carinthia in the 1/2 pipe as a rail/jib park.

Pretty sure that only Okemo will end up having a full sized 1/2 pipe in New England this year. Heck, the only other ski area that I've seen that has an open 1/2 pipe in New England this season is the 6 footer that just opened at the mighty Ski Sundown today!!

Loon did the same thing. Rails in the superpipe area. They do have an eight foot pipe just above where the superpipe usually is. Good call, snow can be better used elsewhere, for me anyway.

Domeskier

Heck, the only other ski area that I've seen that has an open 1/2 pipe in New England this season is the 6 footer that just opened at the mighty Ski Sundown today!!

Sundown built a half pipe? Had no idea. Might explain why they haven't had the time to seed any bumps this year....