• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Yikes!! Tree well swallows kid up

crank

I'll say it again. Kid was not swallowed by tree well. He skied into the freaking tree. Dad was right to play it cool...never feed panic with panic.

C-Rex

The son is just a kid so it's understandable that he freaked out, but hopefully as he gets older he'll learn to keep calm and think his way out. His dad did a great job and set a good example, IMO.

bigbog

No words of wisdom about the depths, out West, of treewells...PRIOR to skiing..from Dad:roll:
All the dad could do was stand there, filming...and utter "I am so happy....blah, blah..", "WOOOOO"..."You okay?" ..with his son's head somewhat buried in the well... Good he started yelling...Dad would've kept on filming...
Glad I never skied with that guy while out in potential avalanche country...couldn't imagine the effort he'd use in locating a stranger if buried... All the wuss is worrying about is what Mom will think if she sees the video.

Last edited: