• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Redemption Storm? 02/23/2016 - 02/26/2016

VTKilarney

Steady rain since about 1:30 PM in southern Quebec. We got two days of skiing in out of a possible three. I'll take it. It was fun while it lasted.

BenedictGomez

This storm is no joke. Holy crap, it's like a tropical rain it's coming down so hard. BUCKETS. Under tornado watch now too.

nhskier1969

Staying a little colder than they thought, in the worst season we've had ever, I can't believe I am rooting for cold rain. At least that won't beat up the marginal base the resorts have.

WoodCore

Temps in Burlington CT just went from 35f to 55f in the course of an hour! Heavy line of t-storms is off to the west and slowly approaching. Crazy crazy weather!

Quietman

This temp map says it all, just happy that it has stayed cold for so long in S. NH.

temps.JPG

skibumski

This is ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous.

Tomorrow looking at webcams will be painful. Looks like a deluge is coming for ski country.

Don't. Just put some storage wax on the skis and wait for next winter.

snoseek

Brutal

Sorry guys hopefully at least something happens before the end.

Tin

This temp map says it all, just happy that it has stayed cold for so long in S. NH.

attachment.php

Connecticut_temperatures.jpg

15 miles = 25* difference. House is shaking from wind in East Haddam right now. Going to get wild here in a bit.