• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Redemption Storm? 02/23/2016 - 02/26/2016

chuckstah

36 in S. NH right now. Predicted low tonight is 42. It's Gonna get warm quick. This SUCKS!!!

BenedictGomez

Possible tornado in the Cats. Ghent? Probably not really a tornado, but it must be windy as hell there right now.

prsboogie

Sounds like a freight train outside the house and the lights flickered out for a second! Long enough to rest the TV. WTF with this winter already

Cannonball

63 degrees in Marshfield, MA at 4am. Some of the strongest wind gusts I've ever experienced. And definitely the worst rain and thunder for February. Trees down and power out throughout the town.

We left that scene to escape North. 6:30am now and 59 degrees in southern NH. at least it's not pouring....

JDMRoma

63 degrees in Marshfield, MA at 4am. Some of the strongest wind gusts I've ever experienced. And definitely the worst rain and thunder for February. Trees down and power out throughout the town.

We left that scene to escape North. 6:30am now and 59 degrees in southern NH. at least it's not pouring....

It will be interesting to get a real firsthand report. Un believable weather

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Glenn

A thunderstorm last night and 74 in the house this morning. I shoulda throttled down the pellet stove.

I've checked my webcams up in VT(just a bit north of Brattleboro) and I'm surprised to see some snow still on the ground this morning.

Bostonian

Looks like in checking out the webcams for the various resorts, they did survive. But boy is it ugly out there.

I wonder how many hills will blow snow on Friday night to just make it through the next few days?

tnt1234

Weather pros, can someone tell me about this storm showing up for Sunday>Sunday night in Tremblant area? Seems significant. Just wondering about the confidence level...

And why wouldn't N. VT get a small piece of that?

goldsbar

Catskill webcams look shockingly good all things considered. I did get some humor by catching a groomer at Belleayre plowing snow into a giant puddle. I'm a bit skeptical of how much base is left overall. I had wide 12"+ piles of super dense snowblower snow from the last storm. It's almost all gone. My location is a good proxy for the Poconos (which I almost never go to).

Smellytele

It was still 32 when I left central NH this AM still snow on the ground just about everywhere (except south facing slopes). By the time I got to So. NH in was in the mid 50's and at least no rain.

Shorts and a t-shirt this AM while walking the dog here in northern CT. Still holding out hope though as I have a Stowe trip booked for 3rd week in March and still lots of WM vouchers and Groupons to use. Optimism in Oct/Nov led me to over purchase. Oh well....

fbrissette

Weather pros, can someone tell me about this storm showing up for Sunday>Sunday night in Tremblant area? Seems significant. Just wondering about the confidence level...

Here's NOAA's-WPC latest QPC run. Tremblant still in the middle of it with no rain predicted. If it moves a little bit east, Northern Vermont could be the winner.

p168i.gif

Last edited:

BenedictGomez

Because Mont Tremblant isn't in northern Vermont.

images