• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Redemption Storm? 02/23/2016 - 02/26/2016

tnt1234

Can someone summarize this thread for me?

Is there a decent shot at some snow up north next week? Weather underground now calling for 5-8 next wednesday at stowe/jay.

Also, would love to hear how elk is faring - haven't been this year. If I don't go north this weekend, will take the kids there probably - if it survived.

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!

Is there a decent shot at some snow up north next week? Weather underground now calling for 5-8 next wednesday at stowe/jay.

Too early to say. If it stays a coastal system northern VT won't get the most snow, but too early to say if not getting the "most" means "only" a foot or if it means nothing while Boston gets two feet.

WoodCore

The L is quite nice. What not nice is the 35+ temperatures. Those would need to come down.

Agree about the lack of cold air but at least the defined low is back in line with previous model runs. I'm throwing the GFS 2016.02.16 12:00z out the window, save maybe a hint that the system could trend east instead of west.

Either way, we here in New England need a good old school, sell out the beer, milk, bread and eggs, shut down the state, dogs and cats living together nor'eastah snowstorm. Ullr, I'll burn whatever I have too! :snow:

〽❄❅

Also, would love to hear how elk is faring - haven't been this year. If I don't go north this weekend, will take the kids there probably - if it survived.
They survived it, web-cam image isn't too terrible looking. Question is how icy will it be tomorrow? Temps dropped early this evening, I suspect more time for the snow to drain and dry out from the rain. May be better idea to postpone till Thursday.
Blue on the other hand has and will have warmer temps, ice, slush, or half decent spring like conditions, who knows?

catsup948

6z GFS is a nice look. Some high pressure up north hanging around next week. Hopefully it shifts into a favorable position and the storms take a good track. I'm usually pretty excited to see a storm 7 days out but this season I've watched everything change to rain.

skiberg

Only snow in Eastern NA at Tremblant. I just booked for this weekend. Looks very nice, deep and soft. Forget NE this year, its hopeless.

steamboat1

Only snow in Eastern NA at Tremblant. I just booked for this weekend. Looks very nice, deep and soft. Forget NE this year, its hopeless.
According to Mont Sainte Anne snow report they got snow & no rain. Looking at the Stoneham webcams it actually looks quite nice, even the natural trails.

Natural snow trail at Stoneham
attachment.php

Attachments

• webcam.jpg
    webcam.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 244
Last edited: