• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Redemption Storm? 02/23/2016 - 02/26/2016

VTKilarney

Tuna,

For me it boils down to this. You have made repeated and consistent absurd statements, especially in the weather forum. You have yet to acknowledge the absurdity of any of your absurd statements (despite insisting on an apology if you were proven right). When someone calls you out on your absurd statements you play the victim card.

The best thing to do is to refrain from making absurd statements.

BG, I appreciate your posting those storm tracks even though they are depressing. Your work here is commendable. Unfortunately, it looks like I picked the wrong week to ski in the Eastern Townships.

tnt1234

But most importantly, the Canuck has finally caved and comes west, so, another worst-case scenario will be playing out.

gem_mslp_pcpn_frzn_neus_16.png

awful

deadheadskier

Staff member
Please GOOG Ullr so you can see how silly what you're saying is. Not only is there not in 2016 a religion that worships Ullr, it's not even known if he ever (literally) was an actual worshiped religious idol, because no records of worship etc, to him exist.

You are missing my point entirely. Somebody could start worshipping Ullr tomorrow and I would consider it just as legitimate as the next "god" if that's what he/she chooses to put their faith in. That's how basically every religion throughout time began. One person with an idea soliciting followers.

Every single god throughout history (and there have been thousands of them) is an invention of human imagination. I don't hold Buddha to any higher esteem than Ullr, the flying spaghetti monster or anything else.

fbrissette

But most importantly, the Canuck has finally caved and comes west, so, another worst-case scenario will be playing out.

This is going to be the end of skiing this season. I am actually making plans to go to Florida for reading week during the first of March instead of going to my ski in ski out condo. Not a single backcountry day so far thi year...

bdfreetuna

Tuna,

For me it boils down to this. You have made repeated and consistent absurd statements, especially in the weather forum. You have yet to acknowledge the absurdity of any of your absurd statements (despite insisting on an apology if you were proven right). When someone calls you out on your absurd statements you play the victim card.

The best thing to do is to refrain from making absurd statements.

It's none of your continuing business or concern if I made a bad weather call in the past, as I'm sure you have as well, although the main difference here is I'm not paying attention to everything you say to hold it against you and bring it up repeatedly.

You use foul language. You always start the flames. I don't start battles with you and I don't respond in kind. You seem like a miserable person to me yet you like to talk of me as if I'm somehow dissatisfied with life.

The best thing for you to do is exercise some self control. You're not the call out police on AlpineZone, and if I want to make an occasional absurd statement I'll do so.

You have dragged my finances, family members, personal subject matter, and for some reason are convinced and continue to bring up conspiracy topics that I have zero interest in -- as if taking the lowest and most dishonest road is the path to tarnishing my reputation.

If you seriously lack the kind of self control that most men develop post-puberty, then act like an normal person, call me out, and move on with your life.

And if THAT is too much for you, you should be removed from this forum.

Last edited:

VTKilarney

Thank you for proving my example of how you constantly play the victim card - all while being much more critical of me than I have of you.

This is EXACTLY what I was referring to.

It's quite simple. If you engage, as you have above, I will engage. That's all.

Last edited:

Cannonball

It's none of your continuing business or concern if I made a bad weather call in the past, as I'm sure you have as well, although the main difference here is I'm not paying attention to everything you say to hold it against you and bring it up repeatedly.

You use foul language. You always start the flames. I don't start battles with you and I don't respond in kind. You seem like a miserable person to me yet you like to talk of me as if I'm somehow dissatisfied with life.

The best thing for you to do is exercise some self control. You're not the call out police on AlpineZone, and if I want to make an occasional absurd statement I'll do so.

You have dragged my finances, family members, personal subject matter, and for some reason are convinced and continue to bring up conspiracy topics that I have zero interest in -- as if taking the lowest and most dishonest road is the path to tarnishing my reputation.

If you seriously lack the kind of self control that most men develop post-puberty, then act like an normal person, call me out, and move on with your life.

And if THAT is too much for you, you should be removed from this forum.

You say some wacky things Tuna. But you are 100% right with this post. Well said.

VTKilarney

In the spirit of cordiality, Tuna, I will extend a compliment. This is the first storm in a long time that you have apparently listened to others and refrained from making absurd claims. You're learning, which is always a good thing.

bdfreetuna

Christ almighty

Amen.

Relax, already and stop playing the victim card for just a few seconds.

You don't get to go from harassing me on this site -- exactly as I called you out -- to flipping it over on me with the victim card. I have been the victim of your crap.

Since this is the "Redemption" thread, and perhaps you're starting to realize how this situation reflects much worse on you than it ever did on me, perhaps you'll take the opportunity ahead of you.

As has already been stated I am a Christian and along with that means I'm perfectly willing to forgive and move on. Let's focus on skiing around here. Or at least ignore each other. If you can do that, we'll move on peacefully.

VTKilarney

Tuna,

I'll make you a deal. I will refrain from making any gratuitous personal attacks if you refrain from feigning indignancy when you are called out on a completely wacky statement (such as predicting snow when it is clearly going to rain, chem-bombs, chemtrails, etc.)

While I shouldn't make personal attacks, you don't have the right to make wacky comments without being called out for their wackiness. And you should understand by now that calling out your wacky statements is not a personal attack.

Sounds fair to me.

The Sneak

All powerful Baphomet, with the black goat of Mendes at your right hand, please accept this offering of Founders IPA and chocolate chip cookies and deliver us from Non frozen precipitation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nhskier1969

Hoping, praying...

But, I'm asking, is there any chance in the next couple of days this storms moves 100 miles east or is it trending further west?

deadheadskier

Staff member
All powerful Baphomet, with the black goat of Mendes at your right hand, please accept this offering of Founders IPA and chocolate chip cookies and deliver us from Non frozen precipitation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:lol:

VTKilarney

Hoping, praying...

But, I'm asking, is there any chance in the next couple of days this storms moves 100 miles east or is it trending further west?
There is a chance, but the chance is slim at best. We're in the zone now when the odds of the models being wrong gets lower and lower, especially when they all seem to agree.

bdfreetuna

Tuna,

I'll make you a deal. I will refrain from making any gratuitous personal attacks if you refrain from feigning indignancy when you are called out on a completely wacky statement (such as predicting snow when it is clearly going to rain, chem-bombs, chemtrails, etc.)

While I shouldn't make personal attacks, you don't have the right to make wacky comments without being called out for their wackiness. And you should understand by now that calling out your wacky statements is not a personal attack.

Sounds fair to me.

Actually I do have the right to make whatever statements I want without having a particular person or persons focus their obsessions on me in an internet forum.

You have the right to flame away, but there is a word and in fact even a legal term for engaging in a pattern of such behavior especially when it stoops to the levels you've reached as of late.

But we'll agree to that. Call out whatever you want and drop it. I don't expect to be calling you out anymore because I never engaged in that type of behavior in the first place and don't plan on starting now.

In regards to bad weather predictions, get over it. We all thought it was likely going to snow big time this week, now it's probably not.

In regards to your favorite topic, chemtrails, I already unnecessarily clarified my position on this earlier in the season for your benefit. Based on that explanation you should be aware that your characterization of my position is dishonest and inaccurate. Weather modification and cloud seeding are not "conspiracy chemtrails", it's actually a legitimate and interesting topic to discuss on a winter weather forum, and you fully know that.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Alrighty guys, go to your rooms!!

We get where both of you are coming from.

Let's get back on topic with the weather prediction that was the initial point of the thread.

Cool?