Redemption Storm? 02/23/2016 - 02/26/2016 - Page 30

AlpineZone

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930
    I live about 5 miles as the crow flies from the summit at Waterville. They are claiming 3-5. We woke up to about 1/2 inch tops. I think the divide by 2 to 2.5 is a good rule to knock the BS factor down. Snow flurries with a few moderate squalls right now. Next week looks active but mixed bag as of the latest Good For Shit model.

Quote Originally Posted by bdfreetuna View Post
    Killington and Pico are checking in this AM with 7" of fresh.

Most others 2"-4".

And yeah VTK the other was Bromont not Tremblant. I haven't skied up there but the only mountain that looks appealing to me is Sutton.
    Mont Sutton is reporting 57 out of 60 trails open, which is shocking to me after driving in that area yesterday. They must get a lot more snow than just a few miles north along the highway. They are also reporting 6.3 inches in the past 24 hours. Get there while you can!

Quote Originally Posted by ChicoKat View Post
    I live about 5 miles as the crow flies from the summit at Waterville. They are claiming 3-5. We woke up to about 1/2 inch tops. I think the divide by 2 to 2.5 is a good rule to knock the BS factor down. Snow flurries with a few moderate squalls right now. Next week looks active but mixed bag as of the latest Good For Shit model.
    I think elevation played a big part in areas above 2000' switching over to snow yesterday before most of the moisture moved out. It added up to a few extra inches over what lower elevations saw overnight.

You can see my photos here - http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Quote Originally Posted by bdfreetuna View Post
    And yeah VTK the other was Bromont not Tremblant. I haven't skied up there but the only mountain that looks appealing to me is Sutton.
    I think you'd like Sutton. Nothing terribly steep but they have quite a few nice glade runs. The place also has more of an old time New England feel than the majority of areas in New England.

Maybe Sutton and Jay next weekend then

Last I checked Sutton was down to like 10 trails. I guess they were in damage control mode. Good to know!
    2019/2020 season [*powder day]

Mount Snow [11/14, 11/21, 12/2*]

4 inches of windblown snow at Stratton. Wouldn't be too bad if it all didn't get blown off the trails by the gusty winds....

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk
    wish i were skiing.....

Ice dam in Victory, Vermont - located on the back side of Burke Mountain.

ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1456594698.020114.jpg

ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1456594710.974517.jpg

Thread Information