• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

NWS 2016 / 2017 Winter forecast!

Jully

Found this interesting to look at. Not really anything I didn't expect in terms of snow fall, but still cool. From the NWS: IMG_20170409_095351.jpg

Glenn

Very cool pic of the snow totals.

Wonder how this year compares to other years; last year excluded of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4aprice

Wish I could have made it up to n.VT this weekend, but the better half is out of days off. :(

I had my plans work out to a tee this past weekend. Drove up Saturday morning arrived at Killington at noon. Skied the afternoon Saturday which was awesome (woods, bumps) then got up and out for opening today (the kind of day I saved my Max Pass Killington tickets for) and skied till noon. Absolutely off the hook this weekend.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
Very cool pic of the snow totals.

Wonder how this year compares to other years; last year excluded of course.

uvm.png

The Winter that was,wasn't and was again . Wish my schedule was better this year but oh well . I have a feeling alot of places will be closing with 100% coverage .

Glenn

Very cool chart. Agreed. I think a lot of places will be shutting down with plenty of snow. The classic: "The snow is here....but the people aren't." situation.

Great coverage at Stratton for closing day. Just barely starting to see a few brown spots. On the snowmaking trails, the coverage was deep! Even with the warm temps this week, I'm sure they could have gone at least until Easter.

Glenn

Still a little winter left in SoVT. Stratton webcam earlier this morning.

70781f01945a0628f7e09114c5a5a20b.png

Glenn

That seems a bit high. I checked the cams at Stratton at Mt. Snow yesterday AM. Looked to be around an inch or so. Just enough to cover the grass.

jack97

JB's comparison of the GFS vs European for the past year. There were couple of storms the European honed in on quick while the GFS took a while but eventually matched to its counterpart.

DAcbqfTXYAAMUVc.jpg:large