• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

NWS 2016 / 2017 Winter forecast!

BenedictGomez

Euro drops the hammer. This is just the op run, havent seen ens.

ecmwf_tsnow_neng_21.png.7da50222bbb73d922c05f37f.png

cdskier

Wow. That puts the mrv right in the jackpot zone. Would love for that to pan out. I'm up here now so let it dump!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

prsboogie

Headed home from Southern VT this morning and saw a number of vehicles on the back roads (RT2/112 from Greenfield) headed north with skis. Thinking they were getting a jump on the snow. I will be one of those driving back up Friday night to northern VT (I'm self employed, but the other half can't leave early due to someone else being on vacation). Good to hear the roads may not be as bad as I was expecting.

Where are you skiing MB? We are headed up to Snow for the weekend tomorrow.

Glenn

Already started snowing in SoVT. Checked the webcams at the VT place. Sticking to the ground which is mostly snow covered. Not sticking to the road just yet. Which is interesting because it's a dirt road.

We shall see how the ride up this evening is! Looks like the rain/snow line is a bit South of the VT/Mass border. If history is correct from past storms like this, it's usually a wet ride through Greenfield or so. Then things get a little interesting from Bernardston up. Those traffic cams should come in handy later today.

jrmagic

Already started snowing in SoVT. Checked the webcams at the VT place. Sticking to the ground which is mostly snow covered. Not sticking to the road just yet. Which is interesting because it's a dirt road.

We shall see how the ride up this evening is! Looks like the rain/snow line is a bit South of the VT/Mass border. If history is correct from past storms like this, it's usually a wet ride through Greenfield or so. Then things get a little interesting from Bernardston up. Those traffic cams should come in handy later today.
I think thats probably about right. Im heading up 22 in NY. Im thinking I will bo ok until the Bennington Area and if I get real lucky until Manchester.

Sent from my SM-N920V using AlpineZone mobile app

Glenn

Last edited:

prsboogie

Up at Snow now and 100 was interesting off 9! Definitely not horrible but the corners were slick. About 4-5 on the ground. Not powder, more frozen granular.

BenedictGomez

Conditions at JP today were not good. They could definitely use some snow. Snowing pretty hard right now in Saint Albans, hope it keeps up.

Glenn

Up at Snow now and 100 was interesting off 9! Definitely not horrible but the corners were slick. About 4-5 on the ground. Not powder, more frozen granular.

About the same just north of Brattleboro. Interesting mix of what's on the ground. Supposed to get heavier overnight. Here's too deeper snow in the am!

Ride up wasn't bad. It didn't start sticking to 91 until the northern part of Bernardston. Rt 30 wasn't too bad. But a big difference from Rt 30 to our place. Elevation dependent storm.

MommaBear

We are at the base of Sugarbush access road. Couple of inches on the ground. Hoping more accumulates overnight!