• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

pico throws in the midweek towel

slatham

Given the winter to date, without improvement, there will be many areas going to weekend only, if not closing outright, very early, and very soon. One more rain storm without some snow will set to course. Only a dump will reverse it.

cdskier

I drove by Pico last weekend and couldn't believe how bare most of their trails were. Based on what I saw, I'm not surprised they are cutting back to weekends only.

Cornhead

Greek Peak closed today for the second time this year due to rain. I've been skiing there for over 20 yrs and don't recall them closing due to rain ever. I took yesterday off to enjoy their meager offerings before the deluge, depressing.

Hado226

Greek Peak closed today for the second time this year due to rain. I've been skiing there for over 20 yrs and don't recall them closing due to rain ever. I took yesterday off to enjoy their meager offerings before the deluge, depressing.
There are lots of good reasons to close during warm rains. Preservation of snow pack is chief among them.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

jaybird

Pico never really opened this season.
Was a mirage.

Killington will handle the overflow just fine.
Pretty sparse there with Presidents gone.

WoodCore

Greek Peak closed today for the second time this year due to rain. I've been skiing there for over 20 yrs and don't recall them closing due to rain ever.

We haven't had a winter this bad in 20 years!!!