• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Anybody been to Killington lately?

keyser soze

I am looking to go up t Vt this weekend and I saw some trip reports on Kzone that said conditions were surprisingly decent the past couple of days. A friend suggested that Killington may post reviews on their own that are not really regular skiers. I told him that was a bit far fetched. Any updates and any truth to the bogus reviews comment?

keyser soze

Thanks guys. I guess it's a wait and see regarding how conditions will be this weekend depending on the amount of snow coming.

mister moose

... A friend suggested that Killington may post reviews on their own that are not really regular skiers. I told him that was a bit far fetched. Any updates and any truth to the bogus reviews comment?

Virtually all the folks on Kzone that report on ski conditions are known entities. Some grade easy and some grade hard, so you need to know the author a little, but they are calling it as they see it.

GIS should be back in the saddle this week, he posts photos and descriptions every day he skis. Just keep in mind that in the absence of a snowfall, he grades on a C- to B+ curve.

skiadikt

skied today - surprisingly good flat & fast conditions. but unless we get a lot of non-wet precip (snow) from tomorrow's event, i wouldn't expect anything ungroomed to be skiable this weekend.