ski sundown bumps

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

ski sundown bumps

report indicates that no trail is bumped. also surprised that they're holding the bump comp on gunbarrel instead of satan's. why the change? had a great time on satan's last spring.

Probably due to snow depths...They are supposed to seed gunbarrel next week

Quote Originally Posted by skiadikt View Post
    report indicates that no trail is bumped. also surprised that they're holding the bump comp on gunbarrel instead of satan's. why the change? had a great time on satan's last spring.

Seeding Gunny sunday night. 60's next week. get it while it lasts.....

Get it soon if Mother Nature comes in as advertised.

Might have to poach Gunny during the comp, Disembowler style!

shit happens, wear a helmet.

2019/20
    Breck - 12.26 12.27 1.4
    Keystone - 1.12

Checked out Ski Slushdown last night. Lake Slushie formed between lodge and lift. Up on trails, good base on front side trails, 18"+ with some stockpiles., Canyon runout on left getting beat up. Moguls on gunbarrel were widely spaced so hard to find a groove, but they were there for some fun.
    Surface overall was alternating slush, softness, & old softening ice. Light crowd.

Get there now, 70's next two days..... I heard they may trhy to reach next weekend by limiting midweek...
    Snowflakes matter

Are the bumps starting lower on Gunny this year than in the past? If so, I might be able to ski the course with only one break to catch my breath this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Domeskier View Post
    Are the bumps starting lower on Gunny this year than in the past? If so, I might be able to ski the course with only one break to catch my breath this year.
    it looks like the moguls start lower than before but approx where the course started in the past.. there were bumps above the start before (at least the few times i participated)
    shit happens, wear a helmet.

2019/20
    Breck - 12.26 12.27 1.4
    Keystone - 1.12

Ah. Never actually watched (or participated in) the comp. As I recall, the uppermost bumps were usually skied down to grass and rock pretty quickly anyway, so probably a good idea not wasting the effort on them this year.

Thread Information