• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

MAX Pass 2016-2017

Edd

Looks like the price is $699 now. I thought today was the deadline for some reason but I guess not.

Jcb890

Looks like the price is $699 now. I thought today was the deadline for some reason but I guess not.

I made sure to email and ask confirmation on that yesterday, they told me last night at midnight it went up. I think I purchased mine @ 11:45 PM - always down to the last minute.:dontknow:

Vortex

$299 for the add to my Boyne pass until 10-15 I thought. already did it.

I bought the full price one for my wife in April, I though it was $649 could have been $699. $50 down payment and then the balance was billed last month.

Jcb890

$299 for the add to my Boyne pass until 10-15.

I bought the full price one for my wife in April, I though it was $649 could have been $699. $50 down payment and then the balance was billed last month.

Full price is $699 now after it went up $50 from the original $649 after 11:59 PM last night. The Add-On has also gone up $50, from $299 to $349 now.

Jully

Was that the cheapest add on price? It originally started at $599 for the full pass I think.

steamboat1

I believe the original price was $599 up till sometime in May.

steamboat1

Though smaller Stoneham is a fun place to ski. It's not that far from St. Anne. I would recommend trying it while you're in the area. Like St. Anne they also offer night skiing.

Thanks for the tip.
If you stay in QC they're both about the same drive time. MSA is east (est) of QC & Stoneham is north (nord) of QC. All highway either way.

tekweezle

Back in April, it was $589 I believe.

Hope they keep adding resorts!

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Edd

It would be a no-brainer for me to buy this as an add-on to the Peaks pass if that were to ever happen. I couldn't convince my ski friends to pull the trigger on the standalone Max pass. Next season I'll consider going it alone, especially if I could get it for $599.

steamboat1

Yep. This product rules. Proud supporter since day 1. Now buy jay peak!
I've wanted this product since it first came out also. It only started being eligible as an add on to my pass two weeks ago. I hope my complaining on this site & others had something to do with making that happen. As a stand alone pass it wasn't worth it to me.

Jcb890

I've wanted this product since it first came out also. It only started being eligible as an add on to my pass two weeks ago. I hope my complaining on this site & others had something to do with making that happen. As a stand alone pass it wasn't worth it to me.

I did my fair share of complaining to both Wachusett and MAX Pass, they could not have cared less about my questioning and suggestions. It felt dirty to buy a full "Gold" pass to Wachusett where we'd get maybe an extra day or 2 versus the "Bronze" pass which is $300 cheaper. In the end, I had to cave and pay more for the Wachusett pass in order to get the better deal on the MAX Pass.

Still, its a good deal overall I guess.

steamboat1

I did my fair share of complaining to both Wachusett and MAX Pass, they could not have cared less about my questioning and suggestions. It felt dirty to buy a full "Gold" pass to Wachusett where we'd get maybe an extra day or 2 versus the "Bronze" pass which is $300 cheaper. In the end, I had to cave and pay more for the Wachusett pass in order to get the better deal on the MAX Pass.

Well I guess you had no choice after missing out on the Ski VT. Passes.

songfta

Website
www.randomduck.com
I think it is included only because they co-pass big cottonwood with Brighton. Deer Valley is probably left off as they likely market and position it different than Solitude.

Exactly. DV's ownership of Solitude hasn't changed the latter's approach to being a locals area. While the "under the hood" aspect of the resort is all new, the consumer product is still more mom-and-pop.

DV, on the other hand, has strict limits to the number of tickets sold each day, markets itself as an exclusive "platinum card" property, so the idea of a consortium pass isn't something they need or want. Yes, DV participates in the Ski Utah "Yeti Pass" program and the U.S. Ski Team's Gold Pass, but those are the two exceptions to their in-house season pass.

Jully

It sucks that the silver is not eligible for the Max Add-on. Still not as good a deal, but better than the Gold by far.

My main issue with the Max pass is the majority of their east coast offerings are slammed on the weekend. Stratton, Wachusett, Loon, Sunapee, nevermind the terrain, if I'm not skiing midweek then there are better options.

Jcb890

Well I guess you had no choice after missing out on the Ski VT. Passes.

I'm not sure if that's sarcasm or not, but we were always debating the M.A.X. Pass. It happened to work out that we missed the Ski VT Passes though because we'll have more than enough passes to use in New England with the M.A.X. Pass. No Stowe this year is a bit disappointing though.

It sucks that the silver is not eligible for the Max Add-on. Still not as good a deal, but better than the Gold by far.

My main issue with the Max pass is the majority of their east coast offerings are slammed on the weekend. Stratton, Wachusett, Loon, Sunapee, nevermind the terrain, if I'm not skiing midweek then there are better options.

If not for the M.A.X. Pass, we would have done Bronze which is perfect for us. I won't go to Wachusett on weekends. The lines are insane and it is just too crowded for a smaller mountain. On a Sunday night? Sure! We will mostly go after work at night 1-2 nights per week, normally from 7 or 8 until 10. By that time all of the school ski trips are gone and you can just get right back on the lift when at the bottom normally.

Our non-MA riding is relegated to weekends and most of the time the crowds don't bother me too much... I guess maybe we are just used to it since the only time we go and ride up in VT/NH/ME is on Saturdays/Sundays.

What I didn't understand (and my main gripe to the M.A.X. Pass people) is that the pricing is a bit all over the map. I believe the cheapest Add-On qualifying pass was the Beaver Creek, NJ pass which is/was only $349. If that one qualifies at $349, why wouldn't the Wachusett Silver qualify at $339 or $349? Kind of aggravating.

steamboat1

What I didn't understand (and my main gripe to the M.A.X. Pass people) is that the pricing is a bit all over the map. I believe the cheapest Add-On qualifying pass was the Beaver Creek, NJ pass which is/was only $349. If that one qualifies at $349, why wouldn't the Wachusett Silver qualify at $339 or $349? Kind of aggravating.
The Mountain Creek mid week plus pass qualifies & is only $319.99.