• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

MAX Pass 2016-2017

machski

Alyeska Season Pass
Alyeska Midweek Pass
Big Sky Gold Pass
Big Sky Silver Pass
Big Sky Bronze Pass
Big Sky Madison Pass
Blue Mountain Super Pass
Blue Mountain 6*7
Boreal Mountain All Access Pass
Boreal Mountain/Soda Springs Combo Pass
Boreal Mountain/Woodward Tahoe All Access Pass
BOYNE Gold Pass
BOYNE Silver Pass
Brighton/Solitude Big Cottonwood Pass
Brighton Unlimited Pass
Brighton Mid-Week Pass
Buck Hill Season Pass
Copper Mountain Secret Pass
Crested Butte Peak Pass Plus
Crested Butte Peak Pass
Crystal Mountain Anytime Pass
Crystal Mountain Off-Peak Pass
Cypress Mountain G8 Pass
Eldora Adult Full Pass
Killington Unlimited Pass
Lee Canyon Resort All Access Pass
Mont Tremblant Unlimited Season Pass
Mont Tremblant Sublime Pass
Mont Tremblant Hookie Pass
Mount Sunapee, Okemo, Crested Butte Ultra Pass
Mount Sunapee, Okemo Peak Pass
Mount Sunapee, Okemo Value Pass
Mount Sunapee, Okemo Millennial Pass
Mount Sunapee, Okemo Midweek Pass
Mountain Creek All Access Season Pass
Mountain High Anyday Season Pass
Mountain Creek All Access Season Pass
Mountain Creek Mid-Week Plus Season Pass
Mt Bachelor Full Winter Pass
New England Gold Plus Pass
New England Gold Pass
New England Silver Pass
New England Bronze Pass
New England College Pass
Okemo Sunday Plus Pass
Rocky Mountain Super Pass Plus
Rocky Mountain Super Pass
Route 40 Pass
Snowshoe Primo Pass
Snowshoe Unlimited Pass
Solitude Season Pass
Solitude Midweek Pass
Steamboat Ultimate Pass
Steamboat Season Pass
Steamboat 15 Pass
Steamboat 8 Pass
Stratton Summit Pass
Stratton Spirit Pass
Stratton Value Pass
Sugarloaf Maine Student Pass
Sunday River & Sugarloaf Maine Student Pass
Sunday River Maine Student Pass
The Summit at Snoqualmie Gold Pass
Wachusett Gold Season Pass
Wachusett Weekender Season Pass
Winter Park Season Pass

From this list, I see your problem. It is not Killington, it is their owner/operator as all their resorts are the same with this.

steamboat1

What pisses me off is that at Killington you can only get the MAX Pass add on if you purchase their unlimited pass. Blackout & midweek passes are not eligible. Other resorts offer the add on for all their passes including blackout & midweek pass holders (the Boyne New Englander passes for example or Mountain Creek midweek pass). You can get the add on if you purchase a unlimited Pico pass. Unlimited Pico passes are less expensive than a Killington midweek pass. Doesn't make any sense to me. It's not like I could use the MAX pass to ski Killington on weekends or blackout days since the MAX pass can't be used at the area the add on is attached to.

:thumbup:
What you have been waiting for, Maxx Pass update:

M.A.X. Pass - Better Than Ever
With five days each at a total of 32 North American resorts, the value of M.A.X. Pass keeps growing. Even better, M.A.X. Pass Add-on is now available with Killington Midweek, Blackout, 4.0 College and Unlimited Season Passes.

I'm going to seriously consider this now.

steamboat1

:thumbup:
What you have been waiting for, Maxx Pass update:

M.A.X. Pass - Better Than Ever
With five days each at a total of 32 North American resorts, the value of M.A.X. Pass keeps growing. Even better, M.A.X. Pass Add-on is now available with Killington Midweek, Blackout, 4.0 College and Unlimited Season Passes.

I'm going to seriously consider this now.
Sold

Might even see me at the Loaf this year.

rocojerry

If I thought I'd get 15+ days in this year, i'd do it! definitely the first pass in a while that I've considered..... few more years of on the cheap until I pull the trigger I think....

Edd

A friend and I are trying to talk a couple of other friends into buying this. I want it but I'd like to have others ski ski with.

steamboat1

Hmmm...never heard Killington referred to as "the Loaf" before. ;-)
It's almost as good as the old ASC "All For One Pass" albeit a bit more expensive. Yes I hit up all 6 areas the "All For One Pass" was good for when I had it, even the Loaf. I've never skied at Loon or Sunapee so might give them a shot this year.

Jcb890

Debating getting this for the wife and I with 2 caveats:

1 - We don't have a viable season pass to use it with. We'll get Wachusett Bronze Passes, but only the Weekend or Gold works and neither are worth the extra cash.
2 - If we go to Colorado it may be worth it to use 5 days at Copper/Steamboat/Winter Park and then try and use another ~10 between Killington, Stratton, Sugarloaf, Sunday River, etc.

I reached out to Wachusett and asked if I could pay MORE for our Bronze Passes so that we could hit the min. price for the season pass to make it a M.A.X. Pass Add-On... their response-time so far has been abysmal.

steamboat1

Debating getting this for the wife and I with 2 caveats:

1 - We don't have a viable season pass to use it with. We'll get Wachusett Bronze Passes, but only the Weekend or Gold works and neither are worth the extra cash.
2 - If we go to Colorado it may be worth it to use 5 days at Copper/Steamboat/Winter Park and then try and use another ~10 between Killington, Stratton, Sugarloaf, Sunday River, etc.

I reached out to Wachusett and asked if I could pay MORE for our Bronze Passes so that we could hit the min. price for the season pass to make it a M.A.X. Pass Add-On... their response-time so far has been abysmal.
Still might be worth getting an upgraded Wachusett pass since a MAX Pass add on $350 less than buying just a MAX Pass.

Jcb890

Still might be worth getting an upgraded Wachusett pass since a MAX Pass add on $350 less than buying just a MAX Pass.

Technically, yes, I suppose so. However, still doesn't seem at all worth it.

M.A.X. Pass alone - $650
M.A.X. Pass Add-On - $299

Wachusett Bronze Pass - $279
Wachusett Gold Pass - $569
Wachusett Bronze + MAX - $928
Wachusett Gold + Add-On - $868

Seems like about a $60 difference. I am asking Wachusett if it is possible to pay $300 for the Bronze Pass, since that appears to be the cut-off for the Add-On. The problem we have is that with the Wachusett Gold pass, we'd only use it 1-2 more times than the Bronze because it only adds Weekends and no-blackouts, which are days we wouldn't be at Wachusett anyways. Weekends are so packed there, it isn't worth going. On the weekends, we day-trip up North. We use the Wachusett Pass during the week to get some turns in after work.

xlr8r

Resorts of the Canadian Rockies just joined so now its up to 38 mountains including Mont Saint Anne and Stoneham in the east.

steamboat1

Resorts of the Canadian Rockies just joined so now its up to 38 mountains including Mont Saint Anne and Stoneham in the east.
Just keeps getting better.

Fernie Mountain Resort, Kicking Horse Mountain Resort, Kimberley Alpine Resort, Nakiska Mountain Resort, Mont Saint Anne, Stoneham

4aprice

Just keeps getting better.

Fernie Mountain Resort, Kicking Horse Mountain Resort, Kimberley Alpine Resort, Nakiska Mountain Resort, Mont Saint Anne, Stoneham

The selection is outstanding and literally impossible to use all tickets up in a season. I won't even hit 1/2 the areas on it (or for that matter use 1/2 the available tickets )and I've got what I consider to be a big time season planned both east and west.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

dlague

From a New England Perspective alone it is looking really good - Killington, Pico, Stratton, Okemo, Sunapee, Loon and Sunday River are all fairly easy to get to. Then add a weekend at Sugarloaf, throw in a day at Wachusetts for shits and grins and a weekend at Tremblant. That can get you 40 days alone. Skip the last mentioned and take a trip out west and it becomes even sweeter.

Dang!

Jcb890

I broke down and got a Wachusett Pass with the M.A.X. Pass Add-On. Now... where to go?! Copper/Steamboat/Winter Park? Kicking Horse/Fernie?

Wachusett pass prices go up today, but if you're part of a club you have until November 16th. If anyone wants to join my group, feel free to send me a PM.