• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The Fall of Winter begins.....

canobie#1

Yawgoo Valley had its last day of opperation yesterday. Pretty nice coverage when I past it on Tuesday. Drove by today and its a whole different story. The entire place looks like its been closed for weeks. What a shame.

Any predictions for who's next?

gmcunni

CLOSED FOR SNOW SPORTS
Arrowhead, NH
Bradford, MA
Camden Snow Bowl, ME
Eagle Rock, PA
Hickory Ski Center, NY
Maple Ski Ridge, NY
McIntyre Ski Area, NH
Mount Jefferson, ME
Mount Pleasant, PA
Mystic Mountain at Nemacolin Woodlands, PA
Oak Mountain, NY
Powderhouse Hill, ME
Saddleback, ME
Ski Quechee, VT
Ski Ward, MA
Thunder Ridge, NY
Tuxedo Ridge, NY
Whaleback, NH
Yawgoo Valley, RI

WWF-VT

Mad River Glen is likely done after this weekend...depressing to look at today's video snow report

yeggous

By the weekend of April 9-10 I bet we'll be down to four players in the Northeastern US. Don't see anyone south of VT/NH being open after next weekend.

Which four? Loaf, Cat, Jay, K-Mart?

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

Boxtop Willie

Ski Bradford closed on Monday. Strangely, they still had great coverage. They didn't run out of snow, they ran out of skiers. They had some of the best conditions all season having blown a ton of snow once it got cold. Apparently people couldn't believe that if the tulips were coming up in the garden, Bradford couldn't possibly have snow.

chuckstah

Bradford monday. Almost full cover, everything open, but poor frozen slushy mess

Attachments

• 1457669567773.jpg
    1457669567773.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 254

Los

I'd add Stowe, daBush, Stratton, Sunday River and Loon to that list.

Yeah, but if we're talking April 9-10, in an average year, wouldn't these be the only places really left standing anyway (in addition to Bretton woods)?

deadheadskier

Staff member
Yeah, but if we're talking April 9-10, in an average year, wouldn't these be the only places really left standing anyway (in addition to Bretton woods)?

Normal winter April 10th

Snow, Stratton, Okemo, Killington, Sugarbush, Stowe, Smuggs*, Jay, Sunapee, Ragged*, Waterville*, Loon, Cannon, Bretton Woods, Wildcat, Sunday River, Sugarloaf, Saddleback.

* maybes. More dependent on how much business they did throughout the season and a reasonable amount of people showing up.

Those 18 probably would drop down to a dozen for the theoretical 17th and then by the 24th K, Bush, Jay, BW, WC, SR, SL, SB.

At least that's been my observation in recent years

BenedictGomez

I hope Whiteface can make it to April 9/10, because I've got some vouchers I'd like to use when I get back from out west. Either that or maybe I'll have to use them next weekend if the weather's "okay" - god this season STINKS.

andrec10

Hyde Park, NY...Hunter on Weekends in the Winter..
I hope Whiteface can make it to April 9/10, because I've got some vouchers I'd like to use when I get back from out west. Either that or maybe I'll have to use them next weekend if the weather's "okay" - god this season STINKS.

I was at Whiteface Monday and Tuesday this week. Actually had a powder day on Monday. I think April 9th is gonna be a stretch though.