• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The Fall of Winter begins.....

Smellytele

I'm seeing some snow on Wednesday, snow on Thursday and a mix of rain/snow on Thursday night and Friday morning, before changing back over to snow on Friday afternoon.

at k at 3419
Wednesday
Rain and snow showers likely, mainly between 7am and 8am. Cloudy, with a high near 37. Very windy, with a west wind 35 to 45 mph decreasing to 11 to 21 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

Wednesday Night
Rain and snow showers likely, becoming all snow after 9pm. Cloudy, with a low around 26. North wind 7 to 11 mph becoming southeast after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.

Thursday
Rain, snow, and sleet likely before 2pm, then a chance of rain and sleet between 2pm and 3pm, then a chance of rain after 3pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 38. Very windy, with a southeast wind 29 to 34 mph increasing to 35 to 40 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow and sleet accumulation of less than one inch possible.

Thursday Night
Rain. Low around 29. Very windy, with a southwest wind 45 to 55 mph decreasing to 33 to 43 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

Friday
Rain and snow showers before 10am, then rain showers and sleet likely between 10am and noon, then rain and snow showers likely after noon. High near 36. Windy, with a west wind 25 to 29 mph, with gusts as high as 45 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.

Rowsdower

Camelback is calling it quits. That's three years in a row they've closed earlier than they said they would.

I think that brings it down to Big Boulder as the only hill open in PA.

yeggous

Bretton Woods is closing Sunday, April 3. Lift tickets $16.17 and includes an early season voucher for next year.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

Los

Bretton Woods is closing Sunday, April 3. Lift tickets $16.17 and includes an early season voucher for next year.

WOW. When was the last time BW's season ended earlier than Patriot's Day?

goldsbar

Camelback is calling it quits. That's three years in a row they've closed earlier than they said they would.

I think that brings it down to Big Boulder as the only hill open in PA.

Webcams look like they could patch some trails together even after last night's rain, but it wouldn't be pretty. Have to imagine most of their customer base loses all interest in skiing when temps in NYC and Philly hit 70. I was actually thinking of going last weekend for my first time this year, but the semi-cold temps after a warm-up scared me away.

SIKSKIER

Webcams look like they could patch some trails together even after last night's rain, but it wouldn't be pretty. Have to imagine most of their customer base loses all interest in skiing when temps in NYC and Philly hit 70. I was actually thinking of going last weekend for my first time this year, but the semi-cold temps after a warm-up scared me away.

Where is their webcam?

yeggous

Meh. I'm not sure where to go this weekend. Saturday is a demo day and $30 tickets at Bretton Woods. That appeals to me. So does sticking to Attitash or Wildcat.

Sunday is a easter egg hunt at Bretton Woods. Last year we cleaned up at the Burke egg hunt. Anyone have experience with the Bretton Woods one? Should I expect a pile of lift tickets? Or just a piece of chocolate?

mccleaks

Meh. I'm not sure where to go this weekend. Saturday is a demo day and $30 tickets at Bretton Woods. That appeals to me. So does sticking to Attitash or Wildcat.

Sunday is a easter egg hunt at Bretton Woods. Last year we cleaned up at the Burke egg hunt. Anyone have experience with the Bretton Woods one? Should I expect a pile of lift tickets? Or just a piece of chocolate?

Any idea how conditions are holding up at Attitash/Wildcat? Looking like perfect weather for a spring day up there this weekend. Sunny, warm, and no wind. I have a voucher left for either one of them so I'm thinking of taking a ride up there.

yeggous

Any idea how conditions are holding up at Attitash/Wildcat? Looking like perfect weather for a spring day up there this weekend. Sunny, warm, and no wind. I have a voucher left for either one of them so I'm thinking of taking a ride up there.

I went to both last weekend but not since. Wildcat was holding up great. Lynx was still buried deep and Polecat had snowmaking in progress. The rest of the mountain was better than the week before. Alley Cat was excellent, and Cheetah was less scary. As has been the story of the winter, the got some snow this week and then liquid today. It's probably a net zero situation.

Attitash was a mixed bag. Most of Bear Peak was in great shape but firm with only one exception. By afternoon Morning Star turned into a mine field of mashed potatoes and sharp rocks. On the Attitash side there was lots of gravel groomed into the surface. That's what happens when the base gets thin. As long as you were willing to accept that it was fine on that side too. Some trails in the middle (like Spillway) were on their last legs in spots.

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
Sorry I haven't kept up with this thread. In case anyone has said this already I'll just apologize right now.

It's just - This winter has been like 5 months of November! And I'm tired of it!

Los

Sorry I haven't kept up with this thread. In case anyone has said this already I'll just apologize right now.

It's just - This winter has been like 5 months of November! And I'm tired of it!

Well said...

Zermatt

Bromley is officially done, they planned to reopen this weekend but couldn't pull it off (likely the rain today).

They did reiterate their 2016/17 season pass pricing....one of the highest in Vermont.

Hado226

Just got the email that Jiminy Peak won't open this weekend. They had expected and hoped they'd get this last one in.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

skiadikt

obviously most of the big dogs are still going and k should make it into may, but wonder how this effects some of the little guys (sundown or platty for example) who had maybe 2 1/2 months of season. pretty tough business model to have to make most of your revenue in a couple months.

yeggous

Attitash is in better shape than expected, especially the Bear Peak side. There is even some natural snow left in the shade, though everything in North Conway is caked in glass from a lot of freezing rain today.

ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1458953275.582338.jpgImageUploadedByAlpineZone1458953292.224722.jpg

Smellytele

Tomorrow is the last day at Pats peak but that would be it for them on a good year. Surprised they were able to make it. I will take a few runs tomorrow AM to end their year