• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

where did you NOT ski this season where you usually go

KustyTheKlown

first year since graduating college and moving back to new york that i have not skied at least one day at stowe or magic. plattekill was a more recent addition to my yearly hit-list, but thats another miss (tho i may go up to burn a voucher and ski in shorts on 3/26 if they are somehow still open). sugarloaf i miss basically every year but thought this year i'd make it happen because of max pass.

gmcunni

last year Okemo was the furthest north i got.
this year Mt Snow was furthest north i got.

i don't like this trend. but with my new PeakPass i hope to hit some of the northern NH places next season. downside of my peakpass is that a trip to Jay or SB becomes an "extra" cost.

4aprice

I bought Vt Passes and didn't go up there once. Maybe when I get back from the Rockies if Stowe and Jay are still open I'll go use 2. The fact of the matter is the reports we were getting back were just horrid and we didn't feel like spending the money on the gas, food and hotels. We replaced those trips by skiing here at home (the Pocono's which were actually decent) and extending our up coming western trip. Next year hope to make it up as we purchase a Max Pass along with our CBK passes and hit PA, NE Colo and Utah.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

KustyTheKlown

last year Okemo was the furthest north i got.
downside of my peakpass is that a trip to Jay or SB becomes an "extra" cost.

that was my hesitation with the max pass. i found that the max pass was totally worth it purely for early/late season killington and sunday river days (going to SR this weekend), and western trips. i still got up to most of my non-max northern vermont favorites, mostly using the champlain valley card.

gmcunni

that was my hesitation with the max pass. i found that the max pass was totally worth it purely for early/late season killington and sunday river days (going to SR this weekend), and western trips. i still got up to most of my non-max northern vermont favorites, mostly using the champlain valley card.

plan right now is to maintain my ct ski club (whopping $15) and take advantage of some less expensive days up north. at least i'll feel better justifying it due to the break in $$.

BenedictGomez

Plattekill
Whiteface
Sugarbush
Gore
Jay Peak

I ski all of those each year, usually at least several days at each with the exception of Gore which I usually once get 1 day at, 2 tops. Usually I get a bunch of days at Jay Peak. Haven't skied ANY of those this year. Might hit Whiteface this weekend if the thaw/freeze doesn't look to be too hellish.

KustyTheKlown

oh yeah, gore too. i chose killington over gore yesterday. felt there would be more options for my girlfriend and more sustained steep skiing options for me. i think i was right. OL, highline, and east fall all skied great.

thetrailboss

Staff member
On my visit to Vermont, my five days of skiing were reduced to two, and even then one of those days was in the rain at Burke.

xlr8r

Pico - First time since the 08-09 season that I did not get to Pico. Place never really opened up as half the mountain is natural only. Hope they have a better season next year and will be back when the conditions are good.

Stratton - Have skied Stratton a total of 14 days during the previous 2 seasons and was a season passholder here last year. With MAX Pass I expected to go here for a weekend or 2, but the conditions never warranted the effort or the money to do so. Stratton is my go to for an early December weekend, but December was terrible, and I was hoping to maybe go in late March or early April, but they probably won't have much open past this week.

Wachusett - This is more of a result of purchasing the MAX Pass than the actual conditions and weather. Loon became my day trip destination this year, as it is hard to justify spending extra money on day trips or night sessions until I made sure I would use up all of my Loon days. I was a bronze season passholder here from 08-09 through 13-14 and the last year I did not get a day or night in at Wachusett was 03-04. Will be back here next year probably multiple times as it has been added to the MAX Pass