• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

where did you NOT ski this season where you usually go

tnt1234

Camelback. The last winter I didn't ski there at least once was the last winter before my kids skied....so like 11 years ago?

MG Skier

Gunstock, Ragged Mountain (So much for checking out the glades after their clean out and discovery of and old one), Killington (hopefully I will get there yet!) I will put Tenney on the list as I was hoping to make turns there too, (eventhough I had never been.)

drjeff

I haven't been to Killington or Okemo yet this season.

My kids, I think, are having a race scheduled for Magic, moved to Okemo this weekend, so that takes care of that one! And Killington I typically don't go to until after Mount Snow closes for the season, so give me a couple of weeks at least (I hope) until I can attempt to cross K off my "to ski" list :)

KustyTheKlown

also forgot to mention mount ellen, which i actually prefer to lincoln peak. the girl learned to ski at lincoln peak and feels more comfortable on gate house than any other pod she's skied, so that's where our one sugarbush day was skied

ScottySkis

Plattekill once .checking out their snowmaking keeps getting better.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

elks

We usually spend at least two spring weekends at Jay Peak. Not this year, but perhaps not so much because of the poor winter and more so because of the new Peak Pass, which gives us free spring skiing at their resorts.

podunk77

I typically spend a week in the Berkshires skiing Catamount, Butternut, Bousquet, Mohawk. Didn't do that this year.

I also typically get in a couple days each at Ragged, Suicide Six, Dartmouth and Quechee. Didn't do any of those either.

nanjil

didn't do sugarloaf yet because of the idiotic winter. Usually i almost go there at least one day a weekend and may be even friday starting january

dlague

Jay Peak

Burke

Magic

Bolton Valley

Owls Head - then again missed that a couple years now

Stowe - last two years we have been but not before that.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

loafer89

I was at Sugarloaf on MLK weekend, but we usually go back I April for a few days, but probably not is year. I skied Saddleback on closing weekend last year, not happening this year obviously.

wakenbacon

I usually buy 5+ day tickets every year at cannon. From all the reports I've read this year, I've just stuck with my season passes.

rocks860

Magic. Have skied there at least once a year since I started going like 4 or 5 years ago. Even had 3 vouchers that I never found a time to use. What a waste

abc

Mohonk Mountain House! ;):( Seriously, I've NOT done a single day of cross country skiing this season. I don't remember any year that I didn't xc ski at least a day or two, except those years that I didn't ski at all.

Other than that, despite only skied 5 days in the northeast, I hit all my "usual" mountains near home. Once each! ;)

Of the far away mountains that I "typically" hit every year? I did Stowe and that was IT! None others. The misses are: Pico, Bretton Woods, Sugarbush.

Killington is another of my late season "usual". It's looking iffy that I will go at all. Time will tell. Hunter the same.

Even had 3 vouchers that I never found a time to use. What a waste
The Worst Winter thread reminded me there were other bad years before this one. It must be one of those years that I ended up having to waste some pre-paid ticket/voucher. Since then, I stop buying pre-paid tickets for specific mountain.